ma audio 800xl specs

corbetjackson50
10+ year member

I just got a pair of these 8's and the box they cam with is a huge sealed box. I am wanting to build a ported or vented box for it . It should be 2 cubes but Im not

Sure what to tune it to? i like the low 30's but i think i remember the.recommended was like 43hz or something crazy. Any help appreciated

i say bigger box because they can mechy handle it just not thermal so you want it eff as possible.

1.75cf net is a big box for 2 8s. bout the size i would do for them...

Im thinking about taking the easy fast and cheapm ethod and see what happens. The box the came with is sealed two chambers measuring 1.375 cubes each. Im not sure of the speakers displacement but i was thinking about slapping a 3" diameter port measuring about 9.5" which should give me 35hz. If i don't like it ill start from scratch. What do you think?

Subwoofer Specifications

Subwoofer Size 8"

Peak Power Handling 800 watts

RMS Power Handling 400 watts

Voice Coil(s) Dual

Impedance (Per Voice Coil) 4 ohms

Sensitivity 84.99 dB

Woofer Surround Ribbed Poly-Foam

Recommended Enclosure Specifications

Minimum Sealed Box Volume 0.25 cubic feet

Maximum Sealed Box Volume 0.5 cubic feet

Minimum Ported Box Volume 1.0 cubic feet

Maximum Ported Box Volume 1.0 cubic feet

Top-Mount Depth 4.6"

Cutout Diameter 7.3"

Well i tried something simple and put two 3.5 inch ports in the sealed box. This turned it into 2.75 cubes before displacement of subs or ports i tuned it to 34hz. I must say i am pretty impressed with these guys they are seeing about 1000w rms each lol but the bass knob stays below half way.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.