Low voltage output and clipping

Participant count
  • Participant list

BassNOTBase

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello everyone, so I have a 46cxa1800.1 kicker amplifier.
My HU is a T'eyes CC3 360.
I checked the out put from the RCA's and it said .34xx volts coming from HU. When I put it to the amplifier I clip at 27.xx volts. About 400 watts according to kicker. Why would that happen? What can I do to combat it? Is it the voltage that the HU is putting out?
Should I get a Audio control line driver? Or matrix?

I have a js alternator 370 amp and knukonceprs ofc 0 gauge wire +(3 runs to the back) upgrading to a 6k when my psi's come in. Need to get this resolved before I ruin anything.
Please help anything would be greatly appreciated

are you measuring below 25hz, and is there a load connected? what ohm? what are you measurin the clipping? what percentage of clipping are you seeing? some amps run dirty power for their ratings, which can be more than 1% but start to show less than that below halfway to full power. run it higher and see if it starts making around 60v. it may be possible that its only making half bridge power, which should come in about 30v for the 2ohm 1800rms being 60v for full bridge. this could be an issue with one side of the outputs not working, or a bad rectifier diode not letting half the power supply through.... or just maybe you need to go through your grounds real good and then the powers, which sound pretty robust, overkill, actually. meter the power at the amp terminals when running hard, like full tilt, if you can. remember, power comes from the ground, but it can only flow as much as the weakest connection on either side. it doesnt exit the loop.

are you measuring below 25hz, and is there a load connected? what ohm? what are you measurin the clipping? what percentage of clipping are you seeing? some amps run dirty power for their ratings, which can be more than 1% but start to show less than that below halfway to full power. run it higher and see if it starts making around 60v. it may be possible that its only making half bridge power, which should come in about 30v for the 2ohm 1800rms being 60v for full bridge. this could be an issue with one side of the outputs not working, or a bad rectifier diode not letting half the power supply through.... or just maybe you need to go through your grounds real good and then the powers, which sound pretty robust, overkill, actually. meter the power at the amp terminals when running hard, like full tilt, if you can. remember, power comes from the ground, but it can only flow as much as the weakest connection on either side. it doesnt exit the loop.
I measure at 40 hz (that is what I've always been told to do when it comes to bass) even though it makes more sense to me to measure at like 28hz because that's what I listen to. No load connected. I have a Owon HDS272s oscilloscope and a DD1+. I have no clue what percent of clipping. How would I find that out?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...