Loudest Trunk Car Box

i have subs up port firing into the cabin.... But for my HD3 build i had the port and subs firing into the cabin, trunk sealed off and it was MUCH louder then when i had the subs and port firing towards the liscense plate.... But subs up and port firing into the cabin is mucho loud as well...

subs up/port into cabin.

subs and port firing into the cabin seal off trunk..

thats what i have right now, ive got no backseat, and 2 4" pvc tubes sticking into the cabin of my car, i get great looks, im going to try the through the rear deck thing, just to b different, and if it stinks, i just port it forward with the subs, thanks for all the input guys, and what motor do you have mr SS

pretty good??? it does it like its her job.... but im not trying to go through any more sets of tires //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

meh, i had a 1500 with a 350 and me and the junkyard that sold used tires were best freinds after one summer, but in da imp i need to at least claim some dignity with a little supercharger whine and alot more burnt rubber, hopefully i can get it in this winter, how many ponys you got?

well i currently have subs bak port bak tuned to 35hz and with 1 sundown sae-1000d im playin music @ 142.5...im going to redo my box and do sub forward port forward to see how that does on the mic

well i currently have subs bak port bak tuned to 35hz and with 1 sundown sae-1000d im playin music @ 142.5...im going to redo my box and do sub forward port forward to see how that does on the mic
Remember to push box all the way to the trunk lid. Everyone has a tendency to believe that by pushing box forward acts like its sealing it to the cabin. Not True.

Each box I've built has lost DB's by being pushed forward. Build the box as big as poss to fill out as much of the trunk as you can. Then seal it!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

Interesting thread. I as well want to become one of the loudest trunk cars around. I am planning to compete but um... thorshammer1 I was under the impression that pushing the box foward as much as possible seals the sound in the trunk. that is a great tid bid of info.

^^Thanks. I'm dedicated to this GP for the next 4 yrs. I love to show the world that you can get a trunk vehicle loud. It's just Friggin Hard! LOL

I just noticed in your Avatar that you live in NY! I'm haveing a St. Judes Charity car show this Sun in Auburn, NY! You should make the trip out and support the children. Plus I could show ya what I've done so far to my trunk.

Sorry bout the thread jack. lOl

for those who did subs/ports forwards, did you still have a backseat, and if so what did it sound like when the seat was up?
I keep my backseats folded down, but when I do have them up it sounds fine...just not as loud

to seal off the trunk i was thinking build a mdf baffle maybe even double thick, that the subs are in and then just build the rest of my box off the back of that in the trunk and fiberglass resin the inside before i put the backside on and maybe fiberglass around by the edges by the subs to seal off the trunk from the cabin, yes no maybe? and p.s. ive never db tested anything ive got in my car, how would two hifonics 1606D amps on two 15" kickers do sealed from the trunk ported in a 4.5 ft box for each tuned to 33hz on a good eletrical do? like 140s?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.