Loudest Trunk Car Box

muskyhunter567
10+ year member

Truck Do Burn Rubber
Ive been looking around and planning a box build this whole summer, ive done tons of research, but that only gets you so far, i drive a 2001 impala, i have two solobaric 15"s powered by two brutus 1606D amps, i want the loudest box possible on this vehicle, i can get about 8-10 cubes building the enclosure inside the trunk, but i cannot decide on sub-port placement and direction, (subs up ports back, subs forward ports up etc.) and im considering a wall, but i need some help from people who have worked with trunk cars because im frustrated and do not know which design type to pursue, (ive allready build test boxes, 3 cubes 30hz. subs up ports forward, subs up ports backwards, and subs up ports up) any help would be greatly appreicated and im willing to pay for anyone helping me design a box, thank you you guys are great

subs facing forward sealed of from the trunk sounds like my best bet, another quiestion, could i build a box inside the trunk facing the subs forwards and use aero ports and stick em through my rear deck?

and if i did do this i would set the subs back a few inches from the back seat, how would they sound with my back seats folded up?

In my trunk install, I tried every possible type of sub/port combo. Keep in mind that when I did subs/ports forward, it was not sealed off, so maybe that's why the scores lacked.

But, they were (from loudest to least loudest)

1.Subs up, port back

2.Subs/port back

3.Subs/port forward

4. subs forward/port to the side

Subs/port forward sounded best because of the minimal trunk rattle also.

im not really into competing, but what you say sounds about right with the trunk car norms, i was gonna go subs back ports up, and i have massive trunk rattle also, which i would like to minimize

do subs firing foward port to the side

you dont have to seal it off

thats waht i have

3 dead 187 10s and a groundpounder 2500 (1200)

but i can do a 142 musical

i was debating ports to the sides, but even deadened, they rattle mucho granda, so im still going to have to backseat installed, and im thinking when its folded up, if i do subs forward ports through the rear deck, it will let some sound in, but someone told me this can cause cancelation or somthing of that nature, will that set up work?(subs forward behind rear seat with ports through rear deck)

i might lose 2 db with my seat up

its really not an issue

and yes you can port through the rear deck

no cancellation will occur if its right

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.