Loudest 1500 watt 15" sub

I have a 13" 10 year Anniversary Edition of the JL W-7 powerd by a JL Audio XD1500/1V3, amongst 12 C2 Series Component Speakers, powerEd by a JL XD600/6. This **** pounds & is heard crystal clear throughout my neighborhood.
2 of them with a 2400W amp or bigger would blowout windows. Either way they are a bit pricey. ($1,800 a Subwoofer)
I paid $4,500 for my system, but that doesn't include the installation prices.

I have a 13" 10 year Anniversary Edition of the JL W-7 powerd by a JL Audio XD1500/1V3, amongst 12 C2 Series Component Speakers, powerEd by a JL XD600/6. This **** pounds & is heard crystal clear throughout my neighborhood.
2 of them with a 2400W amp or bigger would blowout windows. Either way they are a bit pricey. ($1,800 a Subwoofer)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230423_001343_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20230423_001343_Google.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 17

Damn you got ripped off big time..

really.jpg

Last edited:
468ea477-78f5-4103-bad5-7dcbacee9a2c_1.9a137de08e80dea9c2fe67bfeda5065c.jpeg

Buy this and it'll blow your alternator through your hood 😎

IMO JL subs and amps are worth every penny. Only disappointment was when I connected my HD750/1 to 2 sealed 12s. I had them with a DB Drive A8 750.1 which sounded louder. The difference was that I had the DB wired to 1 Ohm while the JL was a 4 Ohms.

No subwoofer is worth $1800 unless it sucks me off at the same time. :LOL: I don't see the hype in the W7. I don't think anyone would notice a difference in sound between a W7 vs say a Sundown X.

Last edited:
$1800 unless it ***** me off at the same time. :LOL:
If this happens then the divorce rate amongst audiophiles will rise exponentially. Shoot, the audiophile community would grow as well. It will be the JL VaJJ Series.
I don't see the hype in the W7. I don't think anyone would notice a difference in sound between a W7 vs say a Sundown X.
What I notice is how musical the sub is. When I first used it I thought it had high sensitivity rating for how precise it played with low power. I assume it has something to do with the huge foam surround. As for the SD X, I assume it is like most SPL monsters; high power handling and stiff suspensions. That makes for poor sensitivity on low power. Granted that SD X would probably outperform the W7 in SPL but that is it. I still have many of my old high power subs (not in X territory) and only one of them I consider to rival the W7. It is the Elemental Designs e12a.22. It is like the PPI flat piston sub. Very flat across the board, even biasing near the 80 Hz range.

Last edited:
I assume it is like most SPL monsters; high power handling and stiff suspensions. That makes for poor sensitivity on low power.
Low compliance and high moving mass inefficiencies can be compensated for by motor force gained by using a tighter gap or larger/stronger magnets. Sundown X is rather poor by way of efficiency mostly because of the huge gap; I've never been impressed with them.

I'd certainly never shell out MSRP on a JL product either. Too many premiums baked in to their business model and MSRP for my tastes,

No subwoofer is worth $1800 unless it sucks me off at the same time. :LOL: I don't see the hype in the W7. I don't think anyone would notice a difference in sound between a W7 vs say a Sundown X.

I mean, I agree with you on principle. Most "market" subs aren't worth that much. Even most "specialty" subs aren't worth that much. However, I did spend 2400 on a pair of 18's plus more for shipping, and they don't even fondle my sack, so maybe I'm just an idiot, lol.

Matt

Low compliance and high moving mass inefficiencies can be compensated for by motor force gained by using a tighter gap or larger/stronger magnets. Sundown X is rather poor by way of efficiency mostly because of the huge gap; I've never been impressed with them.

I'd certainly never shell out MSRP on a JL product either. Too many premiums baked in to their business model and MSRP for my tastes,

Oh yea, get JL second-hand and it's pretty good. I got a 10w6v2 a ways back and it's damn stout for what it is.

Matt

I mean, I agree with you on principle. Most "market" subs aren't worth that much. Even most "specialty" subs aren't worth that much. However, I did spend 2400 on a pair of 18's plus more for shipping, and they don't even fondle my sack, so maybe I'm just an idiot, lol.

Matt
I would fondle any sack for $1800.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...