LOUD 6.5 component set that bleeds ears and sounds good one 100+rms?

honestly... I don't think 150 bucks in comps is gonna keep up with 4 15's
pro audio mids will, they are too loud but dont sound all that great. most you have to cross them over at lie 90hz cause they cant handle teh bass

Yeah Ive had to do that before with my Cadence CWM6's, they played the highs fine, but I had them crossed @ 100hz, cross them @ 80hz and they sounding like they were bottoming out

Im really debating getting those 10" whip drivers and making some door pods though. Was hoping to get a review or two on how they would sound, have to confirm my kicker amp, when bridged and facing an 8ohm load, will give them enough watts though

If your hinking on Whips, get the 6.5 ones. Cause your gonna want to change them again, and theres not many Quality 10's mids you can put intoyour hacked doors., But a 6.5 will swap right out.

And whatever Whip says as power handeling, only give them half of that. They are Beyma knock offs, and should be treated as such.

I dont know anything about the company Berma, I heard good about them on DIY mobile though

I was looking at the 6.5's, but they are also 8ohm, and only have a handling rating of 60rms. If they sounded nice, I dont think I would ever change them. Thats why i was hoping to get some positive reassurance other than the old thread I found that they have some potential to sound nice while getting extremely loud.

01 S 10 was the one who first mentionned them was hoping he might jump back in here.

hmmmmmm 6.5's would be nice, as I could just stick em in the doors (with cutting because they seem to be 3"+ depth each.

Like whats youre definition of "screamin" farmacist, you seem to have a good substage aswell, they hold up with the highs, how many watts are you giving them? I would only be getting the 6.5's no tweets or anything

Im up in the air here

Can I hear some opinions on the Whip Audio 10's

I was just looking at my doors to see how involved a fiberglass pod would be, and I dont have the hack anything at all to install door pods, the factory cover for the speaker and the little tray/pocket that run along the bottom of the door is removable via 4-5 screws on the door panel, SO I can just build a sealed enclosure and used the factory mounts so it will all be able to be reversed if ncessary

Like I said I would have to dedicate my Kicker amp to these and bridge the chanels giving me about 125rms @ 8ohm/ driver

I need opinions if these suckers would be loud, and clear. Honestly. There about $115 shipped for a set of 2

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-10-WHIP-AUDIO-MID-RANGE-SPEAKER-400W-W10M8400_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ72Q3a1234Q7c66Q3a2Q7c65Q3a12Q7c39Q3a1Q7c240Q3a1318Q7c301Q3a1Q7c293Q3a1Q7c294Q3a50QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem310128538849QQitemZ310128538849QQptZCarQ5fSpeakers

They are rated for 200rms, but Im quite well below that like I said, but Edzy did mention they should not be pushed to there mechanical limits...

325 watts RMS x 2 in bridged mode (4-ohm stable in bridged mode)

So about 150-160 at 8ohms. Theory, it will work, but I think you get what you pay for.

Of the Whip dealer I know, hes had a fair amount of returns and stopped selling them due to thier failure rate.

Personally I would stay away from them. But if you are gonna do it, I would consider the 2 sets of 6.5's and glass them in. They would also work with your amp getting about 85 watts each.

imo, A 10' should be midbass, not midrange. What you need are midranges.

Even though that 10 claims to be a midrange, the spec say otherwise.

"Frequency response 50 hz-6kHz"

Is 50-6khz not what Im looking for? Highs play above 6k right? Was just going by the reviews (which are very few) were people said they are loud and clear as hell, but I never heard any thing on the 10's themselves. I do have 4 other 6.5's that may be able pickup if this 10' driver falls off on the tall end of the audio spectrum. But I was hoping for loud, and for them to be reliable. You dont think they would reliabily handle the 150ish rms?

If I DID go with 6.5's, I would not be the pro whips, there seem to be some other 6.5's that can be bought seperately that would be better suited. Im not liking the soundtreams posted, read some bad reviews aswell on there distortion with over 50rms and also failure. Id like to stay away from anything that wont be reliable

Are those pro audio speakers posted on the first page any good for hammering the highs, Id ont know if Ive stressed enough how LOUD I like the music to be

I dont think theres anything else to add.

There is no cheap $150 and under mid thats gonna be as loud as you want.

Your best options are the pro drivers.

And expect to pay atleast $150 each for a quality one that will last.

If you but cheap mids, they will sound cheap and will not last.

This is what I just got.

$270 for a set.

Description Unit price Qty Amount

BEYMA Power M6 Midrange (COMPETITION SERIES) 1Pair

Item# 140290407762

$255.95 USD

Shipping and handling $12.79 USD

Insurance - not offered ----

Total $268.74 USD

Payment $268.74 USD

Payment sent to BLRinvest@BLRreggae.com

These are along with some I got allready.

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=374879&highlight=midbass+mayham

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.