Lots of Questions

IdX

I've just turned 16 and I'll be getting a car in a couple of weeks. Chances are that I'll get a 2000 Isuzu Rodeo, but it's not certain. Anyways, I know that I'll want to put a system in it, but I'm not sure where to start or what to buy. After looking around, I think I want to get an Alpine 7894 HU because I want MP3 playback. However, I have no clue where to go from there. I enjoy listening to all kinds of music, from rock to rap and even some country. I want to be able to turn it up fairly loud also. Could anyone be kind enough to give me some suggestions on what all I need? My budget is around $750-1000 including the HU. Also, does anyone know of any good online stores? Any help will be greatly appreciated, I am totally new in the car audio world.

What is most important to you, the quality of the sound or the boom of the bass? Will you be doing the install or will you be paying someone to install it? If so, does your listed budget include the cost of install?

Quality of sound is the most important to me. I definitely don't want my subs overpowering everything else. As for installation, I'll be installing it myself, along with the help of a friend who installs audio equipment for his job, so there's no charge involved with it.

alright, for that cab, even tho this wont take up much room, i recommend looking into the infinity perfects 12.1 subs($200), GREAT sound quality and get a jbl 600.1 amp going into it($200), which will be enough power to sound nice. then go with a couple of MB quart 2 or 3 way speakers, and multi Pheonix Gold amp. those prices differ on which ones you get.

Cab? You do know that Rodeos are SUVs, right? Thanks for your help, do you have websites for any of those products? Are you saying that I should get the Pheonix Gold amp a little bit down the line, or when I get the subs? Thanks again.

Also, can you give me a specifc Pheonix Gold amp that I should get? What about which MB Quarts? The car selector @ MB Quart said that the doors are 6.5" and the tailgate is 4". Do I want seperates or what? Thanks again.

if i were u id get alpine head unit, component speakers and subwoofers... go get the type r woofers and component speakers... they are great product from alpine.. and for the amp go get fosgates....

Ehrmz...

The PG QX amps are the cheapest altho a 2x50rms unit still costs around 240 dollars...

you wont make it with your budget if you put PG stuff in it, tho I agree that the infinity 12" on the JL amp is an excellent choice

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.