Lots of Questions and looking for some help.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Pyrofan

CarAudio.com Elite
Ga
So, im new to this forum and not sure how these types of questions are accepted. Here is my dilemma.

I got a 2011 F150 supercrew. (For you car guys thats a truck with 4 doors) I want to install some subs. The stock sony speakers are good but lack that "umph" that a sub adds. Im leaning towards two 12's. I want to put them under the seat but that seems a little advantageous.

Now im thinking of folding one of the back seats up, then putting a box there. Is their a problem with that? Do i need to point the subs down? Up? towards/Away from me? I know that in the chance of a accented that would come crashing foward/Side to side. Does that pose a Risk to the Driver or person sitting beside it?

A friend said square Subs sound better than a circle due to more surface area. Is that true? I was looking at some Kicker Solo-Baric L5. Any yall recommend? I like cheaper prices.

I was also thinking of doing it myself. Im not to shabby with electronics. ( build robots, RC planes, PCBS and stuff) How hard is it to install? i know running wires from the batt to cab and finding mounting places takes time but its nothing you cant do in a weekend right? Do you have to drill into the truck to install? I know you have to find a ground but that the only damage to the truck you must do?

Last question. Will it hook up with the stock headunit and stuff like that. I heard that changing that can be a pain due to the SYNC system. I want to stay close to stock if I can so when i sell it i can remove the subs without some damaged/not working electronics

Thanks guys!

Yes you can hook up to the stock deck. You need a loc 1. 12 or 15 can give you what you want if set up right. I don't personally like the square kicker subs. They sound a bit muddy if that makes sense Build a ported box. Set it in the seat area behind the driver. Port up sub up usually will be the loudest. Also it can be done with some guidance

I can only install it on the passenger side. My seat sits 3 people and divides into a 1 seat or a 2 seat. The 2 is on the driver side and one is on the passenger. I only wanna lose one seat. Is that bad to be on the passenger side?

I can only install it on the passenger side. My seat sits 3 people and divides into a 1 seat or a 2 seat. The 2 is on the driver side and one is on the passenger. I only wanna lose one seat. Is that bad to be on the passenger side?
No it's fine there to if that's what you want

Would you recommend buying a ported box or building your own? Also, i do have a few audio shops around here, One is Kens audio and the other i cant remember. Would you recommend going to them for the install or doing it yourself.

Build your own box as far as the shops that's up to you but I will cost you. If you are thinking about it go to them and see what type of equipment they sell and ask if they have a install portfolio if not walk away There are a few members/vendors here that can sell you everything even build your box if needed.

Well, im trying to stay under $400 total. I already got good speakers so just want some bass. Im wanting to use the stock battery so that may help narrow it down.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.