Lost half power to subs, pls help.

you will never sway a person with a $500 system that is convinced his 100% gain distorted system sounds as good as an $8k setup is wrong. because he is one of those people who dont hear distortion, its like trying to convince a retarded person they are a smart scientist, they are incapable of understanding

Im having a hard time believing that the AP amp didnt reach its thermal limits and actually shut down.Ive been around amplifiers since the mid to late 80s,and have ran tested quite a bit of amplifiers limitations.I wouldnt be surprised to find some swollen or leaking caps or a nice burn on the board or some mosfets just hanging on at bare min on the board itself,that eventually will cause further issues/or eventually failure. Im taking a long shot here.. but , being a trunk install, Im guessing that the amplifier is in the trunk with no air movement other than from the subs, along with being mounted on the box being vibrated to its core that eventually will create weakened solder joints on the board/solid contact.Gain at 100% should never be even considered on any amplifier,as you are placing Risk of dirty power of which will clip/distort your subs and eventually will ruin both the amp and subs.Great subs, but clipping/distortion will eventually destroy them along with the amplifier..What did you Meter at the Car shows by the way? A bit Curious.I think I may be at a 140DB reading??Possibly.Id like to know what your pair of 15s are doing?Ive been looking at getting a pair or even possibly quads.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.