Looking to upgrade old subs

Participant count
  • Participant list

army5
10+ year member

OKC, OK
Here's what I got. 3 old 8-ohm 10" kicker solobarics. I bought these back in my highschool days so I know they are around 13 yrs old. Still sound great but as always looking for more bass.

Here are my requirements. 1) Want to keep good SQ 2) Must work well in sealed 0.66ft^3 enclosure 3) looking to spend around $200 per sub

My RF amp's birthsheet shows 1036watts at 2-ohms. May look to upgrade this in the future but for now this is what I have to work with.

So, is there something out there that will give me a good leap in bass with my current amp or are these kicker's still quite competitive with today's newer speakers?

Jeff

i have two alpine type r 12s that will sound way better and will do very well with that amp at 2 ohms and i have em in a box
There's no way the R's will sound better than the Solo's sealed.

You might want to try out the SI BM's (if they're out yet), Incriminator Audio Lethal Injections, or Mach 5 XL's.

i have two alpine type r 12s that will sound way better and will do very well with that amp at 2 ohms and i have em in a box
you are retarded

you are recommending type R for SQ go sit in the corner of CA until you know.

Boston G5's might be over budget but 2 of them would have plenty of output on 1k, PG RSDC 10"

Stereo integrity BM would be an awesome contender

a pair of stereo integrity mags as well with 1k would really sing.

Phoenix gold RSDC 10" goes in .5 sealed and take ok power sound good too.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.