Looking to upgrade, need some advice

Participant count
  • Participant list

ImmortalFreak91
10+ year member

I currently have a Kicker 12' CVR powered by a Z-Edition 400wRMS 4-channel amp. The amplifier also powers my door speakers, which I believe are old Orions, but I could be wrong, they were with the truck when I bought it.

Anyway, I'm looking to add another CVR 12 and I also wanna get some components, I'm leaning towards Kicker speakers as the sub I have is my first one and I couldn't be happier. What are your thoughts on that?

My main question is, since I am a cheapskate, picking up an 800wrms mono-channel amp to power both Kicker subs (of which are 400 RMS a piece) will be perfect, right? Then I could just have the 400w RMS 4-channel power the components?

Before you pick out an amp, you need to choose your components. As always I am going to suggest the PG RSDs, I just got mine in today, but haven't heard them in my car yet. Great build quality.

Buy an 800-1000WRMS amp, for the Kicker's, but make sure it can handle the load you'll put on it. What coil configuration does your current Kicker have?

Before you pick out an amp, you need to choose your components. As always I am going to suggest the PG RSDs, I just got mine in today, but haven't heard them in my car yet. Great build quality.
Buy an 800-1000WRMS amp, for the Kicker's, but make sure it can handle the load you'll put on it. What coil configuration does your current Kicker have?
Well, like I said, I already have that 400wRMS 4-channel amp, so I wanna use that to power my components, no matter what they are. As far as the 800-1000WRMS amp you suggested for the subs, can that be a mono amp and then just bridge the subs together?

As for the coils, I'm fairly certain it's dual voice. I will double check Monday and repost.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.