Looking to upgrade my front stage....

Amp is undetermined, right now its just a cheap Hifonics witch will be used for a short time then upgraded when $$ permits, speaker budget is basically as little as I can spend but still get good quality sound, looking for something to go active with when $ allows. I would like to get into the 150-200 watt range with the comps. I am planning a set of fiberglass pods in the doors that I will build. This will all replace the cheap but decent sounding MB quarts I currently have. A friend of mine went 9" three way morel elates and I just can't get over the sound!!

Focal makes very nice sounding comps, just make sure you like sharpness that focal tweeters produce.
I agree with the above. I have had 3 sets of focals. Polyglass, K2p and KRX2. All were on the sharp side but super clean and loud. I like my Morel set much better as it doesn't hurt my ears. The polyglass set were less sharp compared to the others I had.

Id go with 2 sets of the Morel Tempo6x's that woofersetc is selling for $200 shiped a set. Save some money, sound better, and be louder. Throw em in some nice pods.
I could but I have heard them in my in Laws truck and they are not that impressive, my MB Quarts sound as good easily if they are both on High pass, the morels do better in full range though for sure...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.