Looking to possibly replace components.

JJTitus
10+ year member

Right now I have Alpine Type-X 5.25. I was looking to get 6-6 1/2 woofers to replace them. What good DIY speakers would be better than these that are not super expensive, like $50 or less, if there are any out there. The 5.25 just don't seem to give me the punch Im looking for. I think a bigger speaker would definately make a difference. Any suggestions?

Well, if you're prepared to run an active setup, these are always a good choice:

Tweeters: Seas 27TAFNC/G $29 each

Mids: Peerless Exclusives $76 each

Sub Total: $210

Active Crossover: Look into the Memphis 16-XO3 (around $130), the Coustic XM6 (about $50 on eBay), or the Profile RX30R ($40 millionbuy.com).

Amp: 4 Channel that can do about 75-100W (or more) RMS Per Channel

How do the CDTs' sound? I was thinking about adding them to my rear doors for more midbass. They have really good prices and look to be pretty strong.

How do the CDTs' sound? I was thinking about adding them to my rear doors for more midbass. They have really good prices and look to be pretty strong.
Fix your front stage install instead.

As to the OP, what are you looking for in sound and what size drivers can you fit? (including the tweet, aka can a large format work?)

well im looking for some midbass that will be loud and punchy, like where kick drums will sound good. i just don't think the 5.25 produces a deep enough sound for my taste. and I have a cda-9835 so i don't need an external active crossover. im already using it in active. i can't fit large format tweeters. I have a 02 grand am with the tweets in the a-pillar. i can fit up to 6.5 in the front I believe. I don't want to do any modifications like kick panels either.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.