Looking to do a blowthrough

Participant count
  • Participant list

graydodge14
10+ year member

My plans for my truck changed and im tired of trying to get bass from under the seat boxes and since i cant do a wall im just gonna run a blow through. Its a 2004 dodge ram 1500, i want to run 4 12" subs in it if possible. Im gonna get someone on here to design it (paying of course) i just need to know what i should run as ive only used sealed boxes before. Should i be looking into getting a 4th order, or a ported box or what? I can get some dimesnsions as soon as i get off work if i need to.

I was thinking possibly DC, or something from SSA. Not to sure on subs either i have one amp alreayd a sundown saz-2500 and will probably run another one. I just want it to be loud as loud as possible and im not sure on what design would be best for that.

Ill read up on 6th order's. Dont necessarily need the absolute loudest i guess, just something to put some nice numbers up and that will blow away a underseat box, and a console box. Which i think with a blow through it wont be hard to do.

How would i go about running 4 12's in there and still make it a ported or 4th order. Ive seen 4 12's in a blowthrough where the baffles the subs mount to are almost like a v shape. If i need to e-mail you and pay the design fee then feel free to just tell me, i understand designing is hard so just let me know if thats what i need to do.

Are you dead set on keeping those rear seats? I have an '04 as well and have had mine out for a few years now. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif You can fit a lot back there under the window line...a pair of 18's is a breeze.

How would i go about running 4 12's in there and still make it a ported or 4th order. Ive seen 4 12's in a blowthrough where the baffles the subs mount to are almost like a v shape. If i need to e-mail you and pay the design fee then feel free to just tell me, i understand designing is hard so just let me know if thats what i need to do.
Those would be the 6th orders if I'm thinking about that correctly. 4th order, you would simply fire the port forwards through where you cut out.

Are you dead set on keeping those rear seats? I have an '04 as well and have had mine out for a few years now. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif You can fit a lot back there under the window line...a pair of 18's is a breeze.
Not dead set on it but i do use my back seat a lot and usualy have to transport people here and there so it would kinda be hard to lose that back seat.

measure the space i have to work with. Its about 64 inches from passenger side of the bed to the drivers side. About 18.5 inches tall and can go to avout 28 inches from the back wall to about half way of the fender wells.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.