Looking for the right 5 channel amp

Beef11

Hello all,

New to this forum. Long time listener! Lol.

Just purchased some Focal access 165 seperates, front and rear, for my car. Also have 2 Fosgate HE2 10's wired for 1 ohm.

Looking for a GOOD QUALITY( 5 channel) amp to run my system. Want a single amp for space reasons.

Focal's are 60w rms and subs are 400 each. I am looking for sound quality not spl.

I have heard that some of the amps that I used to know as great are now being made by big companies that aren't as good as they used to be.

What I ask is for input from the more knowledgeable fold out there as to which ones are still built with quality and have the wattage I need for my car to sound great!

If I missed anything just ask, I'm typing this on my phone, power is out!

Thanks for any input,

Jerry

I wouldn't go with the Hifonics suggested above.... My pic for a great, affordable, 5 channel amp, would be an Elemental Designs NINe.5. Not made anymore, but can usually be found on forums of fleabay for ~$350. Beast amp. I used to run their 9.1, and 9.4.

Was looking to spend around $250. It's been a really long time since I bought anything car audio and I am thinking that number might be a little low!

I couldn't find any prices for the Phoenix Gold, but by the looks of it, it's out of my price range.

I came across the Polk amp, and am keeping that as a possibility.

Also have found out that HiFonics is owned by Maxxsonics. They also own crunch and Autotek and MB Quart. Don't know much about it, but the salesman that sold me the Focals tried to steer me away from anything manufactured by them. The reason this was brought up is the fact that I have a HiFonics Zeus ZX8000. The sub channel won't handle 1-ohm, although I think I was running it like that in my last car.

Looked around the web for the Elemental amp, and mostly found stuff regarding fried amps and customer service problems.

Boston Acoustics GTA-1105 5 Channel System Amplifiers at Onlinecarstereo.com

really nice 5 channel but if i was you i would buy 2 small amps and put them on an amp rack you can make for cheap or buy cheap 2 stack them

Custom Sub Enclosure | Affordable Sub Box

Boston Acoustics GT-2125 (gt2125) GT Reference 2-Channel Amplifier

this for your highs amazing quality for a low price

and then

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/amplifier-classifieds/570429-jbl-grand-touring-gto1201-1-works-great-1200w%402ohm.html

wire the subs at 4 ohm and 800 rms on this amp and at 4 ohm you will have less distortion and more effeciency vs 1 ohm

Boston Acoustics GTA-1105 5 Channel System Amplifiers at Onlinecarstereo.com

really nice 5 channel but if i was you i would buy 2 small amps and put them on an amp rack you can make for cheap or buy cheap 2 stack them

Custom Sub Enclosure | Affordable Sub Box

Boston Acoustics GT-2125 (gt2125) GT Reference 2-Channel Amplifier

this for your highs amazing quality for a low price

and then

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/amplifier-classifieds/570429-jbl-grand-touring-gto1201-1-works-great-1200w%402ohm.html

wire the subs at 4 ohm and 800 rms on this amp and at 4 ohm you will have less distortion and more effeciency vs 1 ohm

I've been running the Rockford Fosgate P1000x5d and have been pleased with it. It's fairly small and provides enough power for me; 75 watts x 4 for speakers (4 ohm) and 500 watts x 1 for sub (2 ohm). Don't know if it would be the power you are looking for, but if so it seems to be a decent amp, cost around $300 online (I think).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.