Looking for the best possible subs

BNolan12
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Ok so first off is I drive a Izusu I-280 ext cab and I have a Audiopipe AP1500 to push whatever you guys suggest. I have $250ish to spend on sub/subs. I will be making a box for whAtever y'all suggest I'm open to all size subs and things like that but like I said I only have 250 to spend and it needs to be able to be pushed by an AP1500. I rather be more on the SPL side but I wouldn't mind a lil SQ. I'm not looking to buy used but maybe if I absolutely can't find a good new one then maybe but as of now I'm looking for suggestions that fit the specs above. Thanks for the help

With your budget id recommend a single sub setup. Maybe a 15 or 18 depending on space.Id go with a custom built sub from splaudio here on the forum.
Yeh that's what I have at the moment, I have a single 15" power acoustic mofo but I'm sure there's better out there for the price.

If your in a big city check out Craigslist cuz alot of guys will have nice subs that aren't mainstream like the ones ppl car audio sites such as these use and will have a hard time selling them. I'm saying that cuz you might get a good deal if your diligent about it. Just do a thorough visual inspection with the sub out of box and have your setup ready to test them.

Check em out and research thoroughly before making a purchase. I came up on countless awesome deals on cl. But be careful cost a lot of its overpriced junk
Yeh I hear ya, what are some brands to absolutely stay away from?

There are people more knowledgeable than me on that subject. But just pick out a few that you like, research them and ask about them on this site and see what people say. Also search you tube and see what comes up.

Yeh they do have good things but I don't wanna get burned on them. I know a lil but far from an expert so not 100% sure on what to look for and all, that's the reason why I said I'm hesitate to buy used.

I usually hook em up and bump em HARD lol not enough to blow it though. Bump it for a good 20mins and stay near the sub and or volume control in case things go crazy. if he's not willing to let u bump it then just pass on it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.