trade my w7? or keep it?

Participant count
  • Participant list

chadcmb
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
ok i have a 12 inch jl w7. 3 ohm

its in a slot ported box tuned to 38 hz.

it LOUD and sound dam good.

i push it with my kicker 1500.1

gain turned to about 3/5ths.

a guy wants to trade me 2- 12inch re mx.

dual vc 1 ohm each sub. wired in series to 1 ohm right?

he pushes it with a rockford 1500

im not sure if he wants to trade the amps too? or just the sub. i kinda wanta keep my kicker. but whats the best thing to do here?

keep my kicker 1500.1 and 12 w7?

or trade him for his 2 12in re mx and the rockford amp?

or trade him for his subs and keep my amp?

will my 1500 kicker support 1 ohm?

will his 1500 rockford support 1 ohm?

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

you barely have enough power for 1 of those MX's let alone 2...even tho they would destroy ur W7 on the right power i say dont do it unless u plan on upgrading ur whole system.....

they may not sound as good as a w7 sub for sub but i will gladly take an MX over a W7.....

so what about keeping my amp or tradeing and running just one sub? till i sell the amp and get something bigger like t2500.

that would probly be damaging for the unpowered sub though hu?

im not sure if they are seperate chambers but the port is right in the middle and looks to be one slot on his box.

honestly i got the w7 in a box not broke in for 450$ in town.

its great. all my friends say they havent hurd anything louder.. again one 12 w7

it hits all the notes with great sq. although being tuned to 38 hz i think it could probly sound better.

im actually falling away from the idea of rediculous bass.. so i may keep my w7 for resell value.

i have a 2004 chevy 2500HD and i have the stock speekers lol..

have treble up and bass down and subwoofer up.

i have no isues with my system at the moment. i have the 12 w7 on craigslist for 750 obo. so im gona make money if i sell it.. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

got the kicker for 375 sealed in box referb.

i just got this trade offer and i dont know what to tell him.

what amp would you say is better the t1500 or the zx 1500.1?

the t1500 will do 1ohm

but will my zx1500.1 daily do 1 ohm with stock alt and stock bat?

my battery system seams great. i can leave my interior light all night and not be dead at all.

or bump awhile with the truck off and it will start back up.

eh i have no complaints accept the box taking up my seat behind me in my truck lol. one seat. its strapped in but probly would break the strap if i got in a wreck.. that thing is REAL heavy..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.