Looking for SQ: ID or Fi?

snypaz
10+ year member

Seattle
I want a good sq sub and a lot of people recommend the ID IDQ12 or Fi Q12 but if you had a choice which one would you pick? I am open to other sq sub suggestions as well. Thanks!

edit: forgot to add, just a single 12" and probably sealed because I need space

That would depend on the power you want to throw at it. The IDQ handles up to 500 rms with 14 mm of xmax, the Q will be double on everything from power (1000 rms) to x-max (27mm) Both subs sound amazing, but the Q will have more output.

That would depend on the power you want to throw at it. The IDQ handles up to 500 rms with 14 mm of xmax, the Q will be double on everything from power (1000 rms) to x-max (27mm) Both subs sound amazing, but the Q will have more output.
X2. I love the sq that my IDQ has, jus the output isnt the strongest. Id say go with whatever sub that matches best with your amp. Anything over 450-500 watts you can pretty much rule out the IDQ.

If you aren't horribly concerned about price you could go with a pair of IDQ's to handle a bigger amp. The IDQ line requires a lot less airspace than typical subs so you can fit 2 of them in roughly the same amount of space that you'd need for 1 of another.

For example, the recommended enclosure size for a sealed FiQ per their website is ".8-1.5 cuft" while a single IDQ.v2 sealed recommends ".55 - 1.00 cu. ft". So if you were going for the smallest size possible you'd have to use a little more space for the IDQ's [.55x2=1.1 for IDQ vs .8 for FiQ], but IMHO it'd be worth it. Granted I have never heard the FiQ myself, but I have never read a comparative review where the FiQ came out on top for SQ, especially when comparing it to the Mag or IDMax/Q. Plus I own a pair of sealed IDQ.v1's and love them so there. =P

I am most likely going to go with a Fi Q 12" and a 1000 RMS amp but I have one last question; can my stock electrical handle it? The car is a 2006 BMW 325i (e90) with a 180A stock alternator without the big 3 (maybe 2?). My stock battery is located in the trunk so running a new wire from the alternator to it will be a huge pain in the ass but I can do the other two. The only thing I want to add to my car is an amp and a sub, will it be fine?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.