looking for some loud 6.5" comps.....

...comparable to the boston pro60s...I heard some last night off a kicker zx550.2, and they got loudddddd and sounded really good. Its for my mini cooper, and I want it to look factory, so I'm going to remove the factory harmon kardon system, sell that on eGay, and get a HU that matches in my dash the best, a set of 6.5s up front (no rear fill) and I have the 12" xxx, so eventually ill have a box built for that.

But basically I want a set of components that have decent midbass, smooth sounding tweeters, and just get nasty loud. Something comparable to the pro60s I heard.

I'd rather not do DIY active components, but I might if someone could throw somehing together thatll sound good and get really loud. The stock tweets in my mini are 1" I believe, so I can't do any of those big vifa or dayton tweets, etc.

Ill take care of the amp for them after wards.

Boston Z6s at Sound Advice by the stadium for $350 ftw...you cant beat that price and theyll be louder than my pro60s you heard

/Vj's life

PS - i have ur $85 burning a hole in my pocket better come get it before i recone my MT

PSS - Some pro60s for $230 shipped in classified

MY Rainbow plug--Rainbow Powerline CS275.27 but they are really gonna cost you.

MY Pioneer PRS plug-Pioneer 720PRS-good price to even for a new set.

i really think ima get those z6's unless they sell em before i get to buy them...i should be able to get at least 200 on ebay for my stock h/k system, the ***** is like 800 from the factory....

if u recone ur mt with my 85 i will make you have to get robin to recone it a second time becuase ill poke a hole in it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

i really think ima get those z6's unless they sell em before i get to buy them...i should be able to get at least 200 on ebay for my stock h/k system, the ***** is like 800 from the factory....
if u recone ur mt with my 85 i will make you have to get robin to recone it a second time becuase ill poke a hole in it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
lol yea go stop by and see if theyre still available and see whats missing from them...

and ok i guess ill hold on to it then

i loved my pro 60s

i would have another set for my explorer, but i dont have the money right now

i still miss them //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

If you want loud, all you're really limited is physically by excursion and sensitivity/powerhandling. Anything that maximiizes both will get **** loud.

How much power do you have on tap? I think that will determine what may fit best.

i just picked up some pro60's for 215 shipped.

i was gonna get the Z6's at a local sound advice for 350 (missing some installation pieces) but they sold it...oh well the pro60's will be good enough //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

bamaboy, what amp do you have on your pro60's?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.