Thinking about selling my Rainbow SLC's. What would be a fair asking price?

bikinpunk
10+ year member

G-g-g-g-g-unity!
Alabama
Since these AREN'T for sale just yet, and I can't post up a "feeler" in classifieds, I'm posting here. Mods, if you feel this doesn't belong let me know and I'll move to the appropriate (if there is one) forum.

I'm not really eager to sell, but I'm curious who would be interested if I put these up for sale?

I've had them for about 9 months. Bought them new from 6spcoupe here last July.

Have been running ~95watts rms on each component, and they are rated @ 100watts rms.

I already have a new set of tweeters from a member here on the way, so there's no need in keeping the rainbow tweets. Thinking about just selling as a set and buying a dedicated midbass.

Would probably ask $165 shipped.

Like I said, I'm not selling for sure. Just want to see what kind of feedback I get here. If I have enough positive feedback, I may just sell them in the next week or so.

I think that is a fair price, they should go quick for that price. I could not see anything lower than 150.00 for them. 165.00 if in good shape and they did come from 6spcoupe.

The ONLY thing about them is the terminals have some corrossion on them from not being sealed off. That should easily polish right off though.

I searched to see what others were going for and they seemed to be around that price, if not higher. One set went for $190.

I may try a little higher. They're still in good condition. I need to PM Don and see if the warranty would still be valid if I sold them here.

putem' on ebay. Just clean the terminals and ask go for min. reserve of 175.00. Rainbow stuff has been selling like crazy on there. Set of Powerline CS275.27 went for 760.00 today and they had to be shipped from Israel and they offered no insurance.

putem' on ebay. Just clean the terminals and ask go for min. reserve of 175.00. Rainbow stuff has been selling like crazy on there. Set of Powerline CS275.27 went for 760.00 today and they had to be shipped from Israel and they offered no insurance.
I hate e-bay. I have to pay them about $15 to sell them there. I'd rather sell them here...or at least try here first.

I just sold a Cruiser Bicycle there for $260. I cleared $230 after paypal & e-bay. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/suicide.gif.a649d21efc0d1fd4890a6428166586c1.gif

It happens that way on ebay. I sold alot of Harley parts on there and made good money though. I was just supporting your comment about ebay 190.00. Sell them on here then do 165.00-175.00 shipped or something.

Am I blind or did he not say what size these speakers were?
In a sense, yes it is in my sig.

They are 6.5 mids, and *I believe* 1" tweets.

I've already got a few offers. I think I lowballed my first guess.

Probably going to classifieds soon for $180 shipped. Apparently, even that is reasonable.

Used car audio seems to have a very high resale value. I'm amazed at what people on here pay for used equipment.

Compared to the world of hi perf car parts it's night and day. I've built 4 drag cars and bought/sold many parts. You're VERY lucky if you get 50 cents on the dollar, even for BNIB parts.

You should be able to get more than your initial price....

How do the SLCs sound active compared to passive?
Very nice. Without any eq'ing they sounded much more alive.

Also, when I went active, I lost the ability to go bridged, so I went from 100x2 to 40x4 when I had my Alpine amp on them. Even at 40watts, they sounded very good. However, last month I bought a 100x4 amp and they sound great.

If you have the processing, you shouldn't be disappointed.

Very nice. Without any eq'ing they sounded much more alive.
Also, when I went active, I lost the ability to go bridged, so I went from 100x2 to 40x4 when I had my Alpine amp on them. Even at 40watts, they sounded very good. However, last month I bought a 100x4 amp and they sound great.

If you have the processing, you shouldn't be disappointed.
Where they louder as well?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.