Looking for some friendly advice.

Participant count
  • Participant list

pupulehaole

Hawaii
So i have a 2013 4runner Trail edition w/ 6x9's in the front doors and 6.5's and some type of tweeter's in the dash (all stock just telling you so you know the sizes) Im thinking of getting a JL 10"w3v3 sub and was looking at either Infinity 9632cf speakers or JBL GTO938. thats about as far as i have gotten theres a JL amp i was going to get to run the sub but im sure its quite pricey. also im not on the tightest budjet. im trying to get some nice quality stuff. So can anyone steer me in the right direction? amps? thanks in advance.

You could make baffles for the frt doors and use 6.5 components there. Then coaxes in the rear also you'll need to deaden the doors to get the speakers to sound good Anyway do you have goals for the new system and possible a budget then we can reccomend some nice equipment

Well like i said I'm not on the tightest budget i really dont have a fixed one. i willing to drop around 1200-2000$ i guess? haha i know that doesnt help much im sure. For the doors whats the best thing to deaden the sound? back when i last had sounds it was dynamat. I dont think i will be doing much of this myself but i want to get the materials then take it to a shop n tell em exactly what i want so i dont get the good ol screw job.

Well like i said I'm not on the tightest budget i really dont have a fixed one. i willing to drop around 1200-2000$ i guess? haha i know that doesnt help much im sure. For the doors whats the best thing to deaden the sound? back when i last had sounds it was dynamat. I dont think i will be doing much of this myself but i want to get the materials then take it to a shop n tell em exactly what i want so i dont get the good ol screw job.
Well you are in luck I'm the phd rep for Hawaii. So any way as set if phd fb 6.1 kit for the front a set of coaxes for the rear 12 sq ft of dynamat a dc lvl 2 10 wires and a 5 channel to run the system ys shipping should put you around $1300 to $1500 shipped all new

ok i know im walking into the biggest rookie question here haha but a 5 channel would run the entire system? and what is phd fb 6.1 kit ? dc lvl 2 ? haha im such a noob i have no clue what you just said to me.

what you listed + the ppl 5 channel amp that mylows recommended would be fine for a beginners system and should cost you less then 600 shipped use the rest to buy sound deadener (either second skin or any cheap thick mat like audio technix, knukonceptz, shok industries). une make a custom enclosure for the sub, get all your wiring kits, and do the big 3 upgrade(google this up) with 0 gauge wire and your golden

If you spend money on too high quality of equipment with less money and effort into the install, its gonna sound crappy. Not to mention your going to need sound processors or active capable head units if you want to unlock their real potential.

ok note taken. I wont skimp out on the details of the install and thats a big reason why i came here is because im not going to be doing it myself so i need some veteran advice so i can walk into my sound shop n not get jerked around. You mentioned sound processors, where to start with those? Googled the big 3 and yah im sure i will need a Cap of some sort and 0 gauge wiring is a no brainer. Thank you for the advice.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.