Looking for Recommendations

Participant count
  • Participant list

whitedragon551
5,000+ posts

IL
Purchased a 2015 Nissan Murano Platinum with the Bose sound system. First area lacking is the subs. It appears from my research there are 2 x 5 1/4" 4 ohm subs in the spare tire well based on the research I have done. I however cannot find power handling ratings. Im looking for recommendations to replace these subs with something a little more refined. I will probably continue to use the factory amp and install locations to keep everything as stock as possible.

I think the power to the subs is the real issue, the bose amp is tiny. But then again, so is the amount of volume they are currently shoved in. I bought some of those drivers to play with and they are pretty capable little things with a tough suspension and good power handling. The will actually dig pretty deep if the tuning is there for it. You could try a new amp with a different, but still somewhat small and stealthy enclosure. Check out the 1:00 mark for an idea of what they can do. It's not my video, just one I found a while back when I was deciding what to do with mine

Unfortunately, I need to keep them in the space they are in. With a 15 month old, 90lb puppy who likes to eat things, I dont want subs where he can get to them. My first course of action is to try to figure out how much space is in the factory enclosure and go with something more suited to that and match it up with the power capabilities of the amp.

That's understandable. I'm still not too sure you want to stick with that amp, though. You might consider one of these drivers, the more shallow of the two sounds really, really good if you're truly going for refined. Otherwise, the other driver is great for output and tiny enlclosures.

https://www.parts-express.com/tang-band-w6-2100-6-1-2-rbm-flat-panel-subwoofer-4-ohm--264-954

https://www.parts-express.com/tang-band-w6-1139si-6-1-2-subwoofer--264-832

Definitely going for refined. There are tons of complaints on the Bose systems in a lot of the Nissans. Looks like someone installed a Zapco ASP- OE2 at some point to leave the OEM headunit in and bypass the factory amp for some aftermarket subs. I found it installed under the rear seat. They forgot to remove it so I do have the option to reuse this if its still functional.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.