Subs For Husband’s Birthday. Help!

DammitTori

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hey everyone! Hoping to get a little insight on what I should get my husband for his birthday.

He recently had to get rid of his grand Cherokee which had 2 SQ HDC 18s in it. He now has a super crew F150 and has to use the backseat and bed for work / family. I want to get him something loud that he can fit under seat, possibly lifting seat some if needed. He wants a center console box and I am standing firm on ‘not happening’. Lol.

I understand it won’t be as powerful as in the grand Cherokee but please let me know of anything that would make him a little less unhappy that he had to give up the 18s in his daily..

I am trying to spend less than $600 but open to any ideas. Trying to stay with 4 8s or 2 10.s.

Any help is very much appreciated. Thank you!

Last edited:
What kind of amp, how strong is the electrical system and what are his listening goals?

I honestly don’t think that matters. If he was pushing 2 18s, each on a 2200ish? amp by SQ and didn’t have any issues, I feel like it’s self explanatory that he knows what he is doing when it comes to electrical and will make appropriate changes. He likes to listen to anything that will blow his ear drums out. No discrimination.

All I want to know is what 4 8s or 2 10s will come closest to making him miss his old setup a little less, potentially utilizing one or both of the SQ 2200 amps? The rest is trivial to me and will be dealt with on his end depending on what I get.

Last edited:
Best solution is you letting him do his center console box:)

For the under the seats things here’s your challenges. Bigger tens will likely be too thick so 8’s may fit the space better. Four 8’s might be nice if the rear seats have space underneath

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.