Looking for recomendations on a setup

Vipper

Tn
My last system was back in 2010. Im looking to put this system in a 1994 cutlass ciera im looking at 2 12's maybe 2 15's I was looking to get a pair of power acoustic mofo's again but they changed them. I also thought about a set of jackhammers but they also changed. So Im lost on what to get for $100 to $150 ea a sub that can reach a total 1.5-2k watts rms thanks

My last system was back in 2010. Im looking to put this system in a 1994 cutlass ciera im looking at 2 12's maybe 2 15's I was looking to get a pair of power acoustic mofo's again but they changed them. I also thought about a set of jackhammers but they also changed. So Im lost on what to get for $100 to $150 ea a sub that can reach a total 1.5-2k watts rms thanks
what is it with all the new guys talking a power (non) acoustic? look at sundown e and sa and fu 750 and yes those xfl are nice as h*ll too.. last kid asked about pa subs I talked into sundown e 15's (just pm'ed me 1 min ago) he so happy in fa shocked u can't hear him screaming in pa.. he order 2 bstock v2 (old models) they sent wrong subs so they GAVE HIM 2 NEW ONES FOR FREE!!!! check out car audio bargin.com

No I dont want power acoustic after looking at the specs the ones I had was 3" voice coils and had a lighter cone and actually could take the rated power the 9500d jackhammers had a different lighter cone

I have 3 questions I was thinking about 1 sundown e15 but I wanna make sure cause i want 1 ohm so i need to make sure if its 1 dual 2 ohm or 2 dual 4 ohm

For the box 1 prebuilt atrend 15 lsv is 4.25 cu ft and port is 37 hz prebuilts usally fall short on specs but should be close enough

For the amp I was thinking hifonics hfi 1000.1d cant find a benchmark so I was guessing it's 500-750 w rms @ 1ohm even though they say 1000 w rms @ 1 ohm

Now to make sure I want 1 and not 2 would this get me good lows and flex the subs muscle enough to get flex on 94 cutlass ciera but not blow the sub

I have 3 questions I was thinking about 1 sundown e15 but I wanna make sure cause i want 1 ohm so i need to make sure if its 1 dual 2 ohm or 2 dual 4 ohm
For the box 1 prebuilt atrend 15 lsv is 4.25 cu ft and port is 37 hz prebuilts usally fall short on specs but should be close enough

For the amp I was thinking hifonics hfi 1000.1d cant find a benchmark so I was guessing it's 500-750 w rms @ 1ohm even though they say 1000 w rms @ 1 ohm

Now to make sure I want 1 and not 2 would this get me good lows and flex the subs muscle enough to get flex on 94 cutlass ciera but not blow the sub
Dude, please skip the Hifonics.

I was a believer and thought they did rated like they say they do, they do not.

I had the Brutus 1700 running at 1 ohm

When it let the smoke out one day for no reason I tossed in an Audiopipe 1500 I had laying around, it murdered the Hifonics.

Now I am running a Skar RP2000.1 I am very happy with it.

At min get the CAB 1600

Thank you, I already know they don't do what they said there rated for no way a $130 amp does 1000w rms @1ohm 500 maybe 750 would be lucky. just want to make sure your recommending the cab 1600 for 2 e 15 and not 1 right

Thank you, I already know they don't do what they said there rated for no way a $130 amp does 1000w rms @1ohm 500 maybe 750 would be lucky. just want to make sure your recommending the cab 1600 for 2 e 15 and not 1 right
yes the CAB 1600 would be a great match for a pair of those E 15's

yeah it would be for 2 e or maybe 1 sa, check car audio bargain for bstocks.. yeah the skar amps seem ok some audiopipes are but say they get real hot at 1 ohm, look at ppi1000 $111 on ebay very small but (seen gut pics of the 650 and has more in it than most twice it's size) everyone loves them.. my main thing is the atrend boxes are all wrong I've checked many of them and they aren't even close to right, i'll check that one for u..

I just ran #'s on best looking atrend I could find, said 30hz looks like cf is about right but they didn't subtract port disp (and of course not sub disp) for tuning I got 38hz.. so fear is your 37hz box is really 45hz, unless u are competing u don't wanta do that to subs everyday..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.