New subs

katalyst83

To start off right now I am running a sundown sa15 sealed in a small box on a kicker cx1200.1 in a Honda Civic I am looking for more output and don't really have space for a tallerbox for the 15 so I want to just get 2 12s I want 2 sundown LCS 12s in a ported box ifound a sound ordinance bass bunker box do you think this setup will be better I will probably try to wire them to the kicker amp at 4 ohm untill I can buy the sundown 600.1

You are going about this utterly and completely wrong.

If you dont have space, you shouldnt be craming two 12s because that would need more airspace than a 15.

Sound ordinance is beyond garbage specs, dont you dare throw any sundown products in those poorly designed pieces of sh*t

You would be louder with two sa 10s in a properly built and tuned ported box made by someone who knows how to get loud. sound ordinance is crutchfield and no one there knows anything about getting loud.

Just curious, are you running a proper head unit or are you using some kind of LOC?

Ok I've got width but not height that's why I was going with the 12s. The set up is wrong for it I don't have the height for the box and it is a d2 sub so I cant wire it to 2 ohm and running at 1 ohm and don't want to blow the amp up running below impedance. I wasn't aware the sound ordinance box wasgarbage anyone have any thoughts on a decent box under $100. And yes I am running a loc everything is tied to the stock head unit so I am kind of stuck with it.

Ok I've got width but not height that's why I was going with the 12s. The set up is wrong for it I don't have the height for the box and it is a d2 sub so I cant wire it to 2 ohm and running at 1 ohm and don't want to blow the amp up running below impedance. I wasn't aware the sound ordinance box wasgarbage anyone have any thoughts on a decent box under $100. And yes I am running a loc everything is tied to the stock head unit so I am kind of stuck with it.
if sub is d2 u can't wire to 2 ohm unless u don't run but 1 coil, it wire to 4 or 1.. if u have a good amount of width and depth u can get a ported box made for less than 2 lcs and a sealed box and that sa will kill u if box is right..

Right so if I keep the sa I'll need a new amp that can wire to 1 ohm and get a new box or just do with the LCS 12s and wire to 4ohm.and also can the sa run without the dust cap this is a yard sale item and the dust cap blew off and can the sa run on the CX 1200.1 in the long term @1ohm with out damaging the sub or amp. The amp is only 2ohm stable idk the setup i know isn't right I'm not trying to go crazy I just want a decent setup that's not going to kill the bank or blow up from being pushed outside its operating parameters

Right so if I keep the sa I'll need a new amp that can wire to 1 ohm and get a new box or just do with the LCS 12s and wire to 4ohm.and also can the sa run without the dust cap this is a yard sale item and the dust cap blew off and can the sa run on the CX 1200.1 in the long term @1ohm with out damaging the sub or amp. The amp is only 2ohm stable idk the setup i know isn't right I'm not trying to go crazy I just want a decent setup that's not going to kill the bank or blow up from being pushed outside its operating parameters
the 1200.1 isn't 1ohm stable? idk kicker stuff well, amp will get warm yes, all amps can break.. u coulda glued the dust cap back on.. but I changed my mind man, just get 2 lcs d4 (if that amp is 1 ohm stable cause u want all the power it has for 2 subs) I guess that amp may only be 600 brb.. ok looks like amp has good reviews and is 1 ohm stable.. just get 2 d4 subs wire each to 2 ohm set gain low and u will have really clean power (no bass boost or eq on the hu) u can do a 1.25 cf per sub sealed box on ebay for like $55 ported will be lots louder but there are only a couple prefab that are tuned right but ports aren't and big as they should be I know I have one (see avatar)it is pretty loud though..

It's 600@4ohm and 1200@2ohm so it would get me the rms power for the LCS 12s
ok I see it now.. get 2 d2 wired to 4 ohm each = 2 ohm 1200rms set gain low., u be doing what everyone here but me are doing, run twice the rated power to subs because of "box rise" look it up., basically ohm of subs change as they move so 2 ohm sub maybe 2.5,4,5-4-6-8 ohm changes every second (sundown amps account for this listing 1 ohm load as 2.6 ohm) so only time amp really sees 2 ohm is when sub isn't moving. so in my case I have 500rms, but my sub probably only gets average of 200-300.. I think the lcs will do well with that power (E's would be better) if u want lcs they fine try them let us know how well they work (similar to old E v2 I read) or go to car audio bargain get 2 E's bstock for $95.. kid I traded million pm with got 2 e 15's from them last week they sent wrong subs so THEY GAVE HIM NEWER MODEL 15'S FREE, he said they look fine don't know y bstock which is what everyone says.. they just have 30 day warranty..

Did you not read what Jeff typed?? Your tight on space yet you seem to think that 12's are gonna work? That 15 takes up just as much space as 12's do.

Did you not read what Jeff typed?? Your tight on space yet you seem to think that 12's are gonna work? That 15 takes up just as much space as 12's do.
I did read it most 15 in boxes are 18 in + tall I can't fit a tall box I have plenty of depth and width it is in a hatchback box right not and that is the only reason I can get it in there so I can't have a box over 17 in Max so that's why I was looking a 12s instead I do understand they will need space that's not the issue

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.