Looking for opinions on colors for my 79 T/A

I had a '82 Camaro in dark metallic gold. Best looking but poorly built car I ever owned( first production year for body style, lesson learned). It looks a lot like the brown in pic but turns a little gold when the sun shines on it at an angle but not as much as gold pearl. It might be the same color just renamed for marketing purposes.

@RLDriver you are the perfect example of why the forum is going to shit. One of our greatest resources is the enormous knowledge base available from a very diverse crowd. Some newbs won't ask a question or get slammed if they do. Then there is your type. Your comment contributed absolutely nothing to the thread and only belittled the OP for vehicle choice. WTF for? What is the reasoning behind it?

i[/B]t. One of our greatest resources is the enormous knowledge base available from a very diverse crowd. Some newbs won't ask a question or get slammed if they do. Then there is your type. Your comment contributed absolutely nothing to the thread and only belittled the OP for vehicle choice. WTF for? What is the reasoning behind it?

+1

I'm new to this forum, but not to forums in general. It's obnoxious and flat out rude. Everyone is a newb at one time or another, and will ask some stupid questions, but you don't have to be a jerk about it.

GM's quality in the 80's was sub-par at best. The accountants took over and built ****** econo boxes to maximize profit. And 1st MY are always rough.

Clearly you've never driven some classic american muscle. The sound of that engine grumbling. Mmm. Would've bought one, but it'd **** on snow and ice.
Do you have the 301, 403, or the 400?
I have the 403 bored +.040(410 c.i.), and it is far from stock. Edelbrock performer rpm cam and intske, Crane roller rockers, Dynomax headers, Tci 10" converter and shift kit, Jet stage 3 qjet carb and Accel ignition goodies, 3.08 posi rear end. LOL @ 200hp. More like 400 with almost 500lb.ft. of torque. Drove the crap out of it in Minnesota winters too lol.

Thanks to the guys putting Rl in his place, he is a douchetool of epic proportions.

Kinda funny though, on my FB and all my friends say the gold is the way to go. I had to live with the car brown for 5 years, and my wife always called it shitbrown, so I don't want to go back to that again. For that car, to me the gold makes the biggest statement. It says "Here I am a55hole, like it or not!"

Thanks to the guys putting Rl in his place, he is a douchetool of epic proportions.
Kinda funny though, on my FB and all my friends say the gold is the way to go. I had to live with the car brown for 5 years, and my wife always called it shitbrown, so I don't want to go back to that again. For that car, to me the gold makes the biggest statement. It says "Here I am a55hole, like it or not!"
Lol. It is your car, so do whatever you like. I just think the deep brown (if done right) looks incredible. But I'm personally a fan of dark colored cars (my Rover is a deep blue tri-coat). My Dad had a '71 Camaro SS in deep green back in the day. That thing was bad @ss.

Lol. It is your car, so do whatever you like. I just think the deep brown (if done right) looks incredible. But I'm personally a fan of dark colored cars (my Rover is a deep blue tri-coat). My Dad had a '71 Camaro SS in deep green back in the day. That thing was bad @ss.

Yo Op, brown all the way and post some pics of the finished car. I have had almost 10 camaros guess I have a passion for them, lol. Would Love to even drive a new one for 20 minutes but thats out.

So brown all the way man, and ignore the people messing with you.

C'mon, man. You know black is the only way to do this.

0710phr_01_z+1977_pontiac_trans_am+year_one_bandit.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.