Looking for opinions on colors for my 79 T/A

cx-7heaven
10+ year member

The dash don't be silent
Savannah, Ga
Here's the deal: I have owned this car since winter 1998. It was originally Heritage Brown(dark metallic brown). I had it repainted to white, but it was done poorly by a "professional". I did get a pretty good deal on it, and got tired of his games, so I just cut my losses and dealt with it. Now I have the opportunity to have it redone by a true professional for a VERY good deal. I am torn between two colors: Solar Gold and Heritage Brown. These are the only colors I am considering- no I don't want black.

Feel free to post your thoughts and opinions. Here are pics of the colors in question, The white was taken today with my camera phone.:

WhiteTransAm_zps24eeae77.jpg

Goldtransam_zps27b1a2d0.jpg

Browntransam_zps43af2029.jpg

Thanks

i like the gold... but i think that car looks better white.... maybe get the white redone to a pearl white with either the gold or brown emblem on the hood

i like the gold... but i think that car looks better white.... maybe get the white redone to a pearl white with either the gold or brown emblem on the hood
This was my original intent back in '03, but the guy was such a **** to deal with, and I am truly sick of the white anyway.

the gold looks sick, but being a classic lover like i am i always say go with the original paint color because in a collectors view it is worth more. plus that brown looks great as well. let us know how it comes out!

What color is the Interior?That would make my mind up for color match

The interior is tan colored, which is the same as what would have come in a gold car anyway. The gold and brown actually used the same color trim, interior, decals and wheels.

the gold looks sick, but being a classic lover like i am i always say go with the original paint color because in a collectors view it is worth more. plus that brown looks great as well. let us know how it comes out!
Yeah, I'm not too concerned with value, as I'm not planning on selling it anytime soon. Plus, the gold was a standard color on those cars, so it's not like going candy green or something lol.

Yeah, I'm not too concerned with value, as I'm not planning on selling it anytime soon. Plus, the gold was a standard color on those cars, so it's not like going candy green or something lol.
Black with the bird on the hood .. FTW

brown. besides black with gold bird is played out. the gold looks really nice but it is kind of too much gold. (unless your MR. T, then definatly the gold)

those cars have been done to death, but a clean retro style one is still a thing of beauty.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.