Looking for opinion. (More than just a beginner)

Participant count
  • Participant list
Since Saturn is made by GM, you may want to check the antenna wire. I believe it feeds from the radio through the passenger floorboard and then to the back. If I remember correctly, there is a connector in the passenger floorboard. When you pull the carpet you can see it. They are bad about being disconnected if the passenger is the kind of person that pushed hard on the carpet. I had a malibu that had this problem and the connector was barely making contact and was causing all kinds of static through the radio.

Then I would recommend checking the wire that I suggested earlier in your post. I pulled the inside out of a saturn not too long ago and I seem to remember that wire. If your antenna is on the passenger rear of the car, it is definitely in the floorboard on that side. There is a long piece that connects to the antenna that ends in the floorboard with a connector. It connect to the piece that runs to the radio. It's free to check it. Just pull your trim on that side and life the carpet up and look for it. It looks like a black coax cable (like your cable or satellite comes in on). Check the connector and tighten it and see if it helps. If it does, take up the wire with something like duct tape to keep it from coming loose again.

Then I would recommend checking the wire that I suggested earlier in your post. I pulled the inside out of a saturn not too long ago and I seem to remember that wire. If your antenna is on the passenger rear of the car, it is definitely in the floorboard on that side. There is a long piece that connects to the antenna that ends in the floorboard with a connector. It connect to the piece that runs to the radio. It's free to check it. Just pull your trim on that side and life the carpet up and look for it. It looks like a black coax cable (like your cable or satellite comes in on). Check the connector and tighten it and see if it helps. If it does, take up the wire with something like duct tape to keep it from coming loose again.
Thank you I will try that. If not i might see if the place i was going to get the head unit installed at will do it for me.

Not knocking you or anything, but why would you pay someone to do this? It's seriously easy. Pull upwards on the passenger door sill trim. It's the piece on the bottom of the door opening like on the step. It will unclip. You will also have to pull the kick panel. It's the little triangular piece on the wall beside the door that goes into the bottom of the dash. Then just lift the carpet back and you'll see it. You could bring it to someone but will overcharge you for something so simple. It may not be your problem and would be bad to pay money for a problem that wasn't the problem. If you are unsure about pulling the trim, search for it on google and you will probably see a saturn forum and you could ask for help with the trim on it or possibly find a post already there.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.