Fli FU12A No Punch?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Remmy

I have a 09 Ford Ranger club cab with factory radio. I just removed a Sound ordinance 8" bandpass sub that was pushing maybe 90 watts rms. I replaced it with a Fli 12" FU12A with 300 watts rms. I am running a capacitor and have checked, and had friends check my wiring several times. I dont understand why this combo sounds no diffrent than the Sound Ordinance 8" I am using a factory head unit with a line converter because I dont have rca plugs. The gain on the converter is all the way up and the gain on the amp is all the way up. I had a friend check it out and he said its my head unit I need aftermarket with rca plugs. I know there is break in period but this seems a bit much. Any ideas what it could be?

Really that bad. Wow I guess I just thought with the watts and size it would work.
It's because you have the gains all the way up your distorting the crap out of it I'm sure. My brother competes with a stock radio and it sounds great.

so I was screwing around and pulled one of my RCA cables out and BAM it starts hitting crazy hard. I checked my wiring into the line out converter to factory wiring specs and everything is right. I suspect I have a bad line out converter. I plan to replace with a better quality unit and check back.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.