Looking for New 6.5" mids

Participant count
  • Participant list

budahbuddy803
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Aiken, SC
Hey guys. I've been out of the game for ~5 years now so I'm not so up to date on which brands are still around and which brands are selling quality products..... unless it hasn't changed much in 5 years.

Currently I have:

HU - Alpine CDA-9853 (running active)

Highs - Image Dynamics XS-28 (powered by HU)

Mids - Dayton 6.5" mids out of some $20 bookshelf speakers I bought a while back (powered by HU)

Doors and trunk are deadened

I am wanted to get a new pair of mids to match up with my ID tweets. Of course, my go to are the ID CX62s or the ID X65s. I'm just curious if there is anything else that would be recommended. Also, I'm not sure of the quality of ID anymore.

Once I get new mids I will run them off of the HU while waiting on an amplifier choice/purchase. If ID is still making quality products, I'll most likely go with the ID i5800.

As far as the sub-stage is concerned, depending how the midbass from my 6.5s I may run my 15" IDQv2 or may opt for something smaller (1 10" or 1 12"). I haven't decided on whether I want to go with sealed, ported, or IB yet. Of course, all this will come once I start piecing back together my system as a whole.

Reasons I'm lacking quality mids, sub-stage, and amplifier:

1. When my CX62v2s went out on me I was in college and didn't have the money to purchase a new set. The cheap Daytons I threw in worked fine (and still do).

2. I was running the Crossfire VR705d (5 channel) and a buddy pulled out the power terminal thinking it detached like the speaker terminals did and the amp broke after that. This was shortly after my CX62s went out and, again, I was in college without money.

3. I was running the 12" IDmaxV2 and was traveling rather often and wanted the trunk space so I sold that.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.