Looking for good 5 channel

Participant count
  • Participant list
Want to replace my kicker iq amp1000.5. and replace it with another 5 channel with at least 75x4 and and at least 1000x 1 at 2 ohm - .5 ohm. My new subs are 500 each rms and my kicker can't handle it. Any help appreciated
Not sure that you are going to locate an amp with that much power on the sub stage in a 5 ch version.If so, its going to be pretty expensive, and prob pretty large(hoping you have the room for it). It would be more cost effective to get a dedicated 4 ch amp and a dedicated Mono/ sub amplifier to get the power you need for that sub stage.last I remember US Amps had a Merlin 5 ch. that was decent on substage, but that was quite a few years back.. Memphis had one that may have met your criteria, that Im not sure they make any longer as well.

Want to replace my kicker iq amp1000.5. and replace it with another 5 channel with at least 75x4 and and at least 1000x 1 at 2 ohm - .5 ohm. My new subs are 500 each rms and my kicker can't handle it. Any help appreciated

Exactly what Audiobaun said, most 5 channel amps cut off at 500w @ 1ohm minimum for the subwoofer channel. .5ohm is also unrealistic for a "do everything" 5 channel amp.

That's the most powerful one that Crutchfield sells @ 720 watts on the sub channel (2ohm)

The only 1 ohm stable one I see is the one I have which is listed here
If you have questions about that one I've used it daily for over a year previously.

Like Audiobaun said, it's way more common to have 2 amps if you do speakers and a powerful subwoofer setup.

Exactly what Audiobaun said, most 5 channel amps cut off at 500w @ 1ohm minimum for the subwoofer channel. .5ohm is also unrealistic for a "do everything" 5 channel amp.

That's the most powerful one that Crutchfield sells @ 720 watts on the sub channel (2ohm)

If you have questions about that one I've used it daily for over a year previously.

Like Audiobaun said, it's way more common to have 2 amps if you do speakers and a powerful subwoofer setup.
Yea both are quite expensive. I'm not going to get greedy with what I am now running I'm happy with the output. This morning on the way to work I was surprised at how they preform. I was running 2 Kenwood 12's at two ohms 400 rms each and same with my 2 kicker 12s 500 rms each with not a problem. Amp didn't bat an eye. I'm still selling the kicker amp and still looking for a substitute I was thinking another pioneer 5 channel like my mono or a RF 5 channel I have to remember it's an everyday car. I know most would go with the RF but I have heard to go with same brand amps when doing more than 1. Stereo arrives tomorrow so let me know what you think. I appreciate your input

I am going to still in two amps one for subs and everything else

Yea both are quite expensive. I'm not going to get greedy with what I am now running I'm happy with the output. This morning on the way to work I was surprised at how they preform. I was running 2 Kenwood 12's at two ohms 400 rms each and same with my 2 kicker 12s 500 rms each with not a problem. Amp didn't bat an eye. I'm still selling the kicker amp and still looking for a substitute I was thinking another pioneer 5 channel like my mono or a RF 5 channel I have to remember it's an everyday car. I know most would go with the RF but I have heard to go with same brand amps when doing more than 1. Stereo arrives tomorrow so let me know what you think. I appreciate your input
500W is actually a decent amount of power, it just depends on what type of enclosure you have it in and what your car is in terms of the sound you'll get from it. I mean with a ported enclosure, even a prefab you can lose the ability to see cars behind you in the mirrors with 500w. Maybe your budget would be better put towards a custom enclosure to get more out of less wattage. If you want to go louder once you have a good enclosure I'd suggest keeping the 5-channel and getting a beefier mono. There's nothing wrong with only using 4 out of 5 channels.

In terms of mixing amplifier brands, it's not something you should be concerned about. Some brands invert the output, but you can switch the polarity on the outputs if that's the case. I'd recommend you switch the polarity anyways to find the louder of the two.

I sold the kicker I ended up going with a pioneer mono and replaced my head unit. The door speakers are through that and let me tell you I have all the bass I need for now. I'm not tinkering as much because it sounds good but I'm going to put components in the front and get better door speakers around. My subs are fine I might up grade to dvc 4 ohm instead of 2 ohm

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.