looking for decent cheap 1/0

theMessenjah44
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Central IL
I know everyone says knu, but I need about 50 feet of 2 different colors and that's a little out of my budget at the moment.

I've used Install Bay 4 gauge for smaller systems and it worked great, but I've never used their 1/0 and don't know if it's worth the money.

also looking for other brands

I have used Rockford, Stinger, Knu, Kicker, Walmart, Scoshe, and probably some more I cant think of. I think my favorite out of those was the kicker. I cant remember how much it was but if flexed amazingly (I think hyper flex was the name of it).

We use audiopipe, the install bay is a bit under and has a lot of AL, Use Memphis when we want real 0ga.
Local audio shop has Memphis wire...for over $6 a foot! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

When choosing cheap wire, you're usually not going to get the size wire you want. You might be better off getting a quality 2 or 4 gauge wire over a cheap 1/0. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Shok Industries
runs about the same price as knu and tsunami

We use audiopipe, the install bay is a bit under and has a lot of AL, Use Memphis when we want real 0ga.
I'll have to look for the audiopipe, my distributor stopped carrying them a while back.

I have used Rockford, Stinger, Knu, Kicker, Walmart, Scoshe, and probably some more I cant think of. I think my favorite out of those was the kicker. I cant remember how much it was but if flexed amazingly (I think hyper flex was the name of it).
$$$

Local audio shop has Memphis wire...for over $6 a foot! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
When choosing cheap wire, you're usually not going to get the size wire you want. You might be better off getting a quality 2 or 4 gauge wire over a cheap 1/0. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
Yeah, I just have a hard time paying $3 a foot for wire. I've done it for previous builds...it's just hard to think of spending $300 on wire alone. I don't mind doing an extra run with cheaper wire if I'm going to get a similar end result

thanks for the replies guys!

Last time I took Copper to the yard it was 3.70 for #1, Bare bright pays more. Weighted 17' of Memphis 0 the other day better then 10 pounds.

Better get all the good wire you can now as in 6 months when old stock has to be replaced it will start getting a lot more expensive for it.

Don't know if you would have any interist but I have good 2ga in different lengths for $20 per peice, they are between 12 and 17ft some have rings and some have lead battery terminals, They come out of BMW's

My friend and i are also looking at a bunch of cheap 1/0. Our installs prolly only require 2 ga. So i have no problems if the cheap 1/0 is well- cheap.

I have seen absolute audio wire its a joke so avoid that for sure.

The question is which of the ebay brands are best. There's metra, install bay, and bullz audio. So knowing its not going to actually be real 1/0 diameter and it will be CCA rather then OFC, what would you guys suggest? Anyone have any real experience?

Also for the OP- i am attempting to get some samples from each of those cheap brands, but it seems the sellers are wary of potential customers seeing the true quality or lack thereof.

My friend and i are also looking at a bunch of cheap 1/0. Our installs prolly only require 2 ga. So i have no problems if the cheap 1/0 is well- cheap.

I have seen absolute audio wire its a joke so avoid that for sure.

The question is which of the ebay brands are best. There's metra, install bay, and bullz audio. So knowing its not going to actually be real 1/0 diameter and it will be CCA rather then OFC, what would you guys suggest? Anyone have any real experience?

Also for the OP- i am attempting to get some samples from each of those cheap brands, but it seems the sellers are wary of potential customers seeing the true quality or lack thereof.

I just bought 50' of Audiopipe 1/0 off ebay for like $50... I wouldn't buy it again.. it ended up being CCA. (Should have known better I guess) It was actually to big for all my 1/0 accessories and it was so soft it just made a mess trying to get it to fit in anything... I think I'll just get some welding wire next time... I have a welder.. It's good wire... Of corse I don't care about the prettyness of the wire.

I bought a 50 foot roll of Metra Install Bay 1/0. Reminds me alot of the Kicker hyperflex wire. Excellent wire for the money, and wont break the bank. Remember you get what you pay for. Of course right now my favorite wire is the Kicker hyperflex wire, but the Install Bay wire is a very close second. For a little over $1.00 and some change you cant beat it. A 50 foot roll should cost you around $60 or so, if you can find it.

Look into welding wire. Welding supply sells some really good 0 gauge wire. Its true 0 gauge and if you want it to be flexible look at the ultra flex orange. Sure it's not as pretty as some of the name brands, but it works just as good and is OFC. I use it on 2 out of 3 of my cars. A lot of people are using welding wire, because power wire by the big name companies is getting way overpriced.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.