Looking for correct amp

Participant count
  • Participant list

andrenaught

CA
I'm trying to look for a 2-channel amp for my component pair:

Alpine SPS-610c

https://www.crutchfield.com/S-WFH2aGTE9Ac/p_500SPS610C/Alpine-SPS-610C.html

the speaker says 2-80 watts rms, i'm just trying to make the speakers sound clearer i'm not trying to blast music that will deafen my ears. I have Pioneer DEH-p500-ub ( https://www.crutchfield.com/S-AGZ6eD7bL3S/p_130DEHP500/Pioneer-DEH-P5000UB.html ), i'm using the aux input from its back.

i'm thinking of getting a 60rms x 2 @ 4ohms amp. I'm currently looking at buying this: https://www.crutchfield.com/S-g5iF38N8OBx/p_613KAC5206/Kenwood-KAC-5206.html?XVINQ=DST&XVVER=Z03&awcp=1t1&awcr=164118321746&awdv=c&awkw=_cat%3Acars&awmt=b&awnw=g&awug=9060027

Your amp link is broken.

Plenty of the more readily available brands make small two channels for cheap.

Find what you like on crutchfeild but don't buy it there. The markup is nuts. Personally I'd get a 4 channel.

You can bridge it now for plenty of power, having more then you need is headroom. The amp will work less and run cooler.

That way when you are ready to step it up you can go active. Each driver on its own channel. But you need a crossover, deck, of amp that's capable.

Your amp link is broken. Plenty of the more readily available brands make small two channels for cheap.

Find what you like on crutchfeild but don't buy it there. The markup is nuts. Personally I'd get a 4 channel.

You can bridge it now for plenty of power, having more then you need is headroom. The amp will work less and run cooler.

That way when you are ready to step it up you can go active. Each driver on its own channel. But you need a crossover, deck, of amp that's capable.
^this

an active 100wrms x4 class a/b amplifier and dialing back the gain imo would be ideal. i however, would prefer an amplifier with an optional low pass sub output section.

budget dictates product recommendations, though.

More power means more clearer better SQ than loudness, goes against what you assumed but yes most sound quality vehicles run ridiculous amounts of power to their drivers for maximal detail and clarity.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.