Looking for components that get loud

Replacing my 6.5 digital designs components after being very disappointed by them. Didn't get loud enough to keep up with my sub. My $70 jbls got louder and clearer. What ever I get will have about 125 watts going to them (at 4 ohms) what would you guys recommend for under $200. Not looking to go active. Really interested in the image dynamics ctx65cs, morel maximo 6, and I like the looks of the jbl gto609c, I know they jbls are probably a class below the other 2 but like I've said I haven't really been dissapointed in jbls before.

Replacing my 6.5 digital designs components after being very disappointed by them. Didn't get loud enough to keep up with my sub. My $70 jbls got louder and clearer. What ever I get will have about 125 watts going to them (at 4 ohms) what would you guys recommend for under $200. Not looking to go active. Really interested in the image dynamics ctx65cs, morel maximo 6, and I like the looks of the jbl gto609c, I know they jbls are probably a class below the other 2 but like I've said I haven't really been dissapointed in jbls before.
ID is probably the loudest of the bunch but stay away from components if you want something actually loud. Run active setups with PA speakers.

Thanks man. Looks like I'm gonna go with the jbls. How would you compare the sound quality?
sound quality is all based on your install and tuning more than the speaker as long as the speaker isnt garbage. With a good head unit and a good tune most speakers will sound very similar because that will be your listening preference/tune. The most important part is the sound processing capabilities of your DSP or head unit along with turning your door into a perfect speaker enclosure. You skip out on those two aspects and you can have a 5000 dollar speaker sound like total @ss and get flat out beat out by a pair of budget 100 dollar speakers.

Literally for your goals, run active and get more power on tap then 125 rms and actually get loud rather than wasting money on components that wont get much louder than what you already have.

sound quality is all based on your install and tuning more than the speaker as long as the speaker isnt garbage. With a good head unit and a good tune most speakers will sound very similar because that will be your listening preference/tune. The most important part is the sound processing capabilities of your DSP or head unit along with turning your door into a perfect speaker enclosure. You skip out on those two aspects and you can have a 5000 dollar speaker sound like total @ss and get flat out beat out by a pair of budget 100 dollar speakers.

Literally for your goals, run active and get more power on tap then 125 rms and actually get loud rather than wasting money on components that wont get much louder than what you already have.
All I need to run active is a active capable head unit right? Pioneer 80prs a good budget option?

I have a set of JBL 609c's hanging around. Can sell them for $65 shipped //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif I did like the sound, used for a short time before I switched to Perfect 600s. The infinity's are good but the JBL's were up there with them.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.