Looking for amp recommendations

Ok question on the Wolfram amp, I'll be running it at 1ohm, how hot does it get? I might only be able to install it under my seat and the seat will be resting on top of it. Do you think it would do ok?

Ok question on the Wolfram amp, I'll be running it at 1ohm, how hot does it get? I might only be able to install it under my seat and the seat will be resting on top of it. Do you think it would do ok?
that ain't gonna be great for any amp., need to see if u can add a fan or 2 under there..

It will do fine if you don’t beat the thing to death for hours on end... my Orion’s are underseat mounted
Same here...as long as air gets around it, your fine. And don't cover it with anything.

Foxbox on 1500 watts?.. id go sealed first. I'm not sure where you'll be tuned once the displacements in the Foxbox are accounted for and the last underseat Foxbox I saw had pitiful port area... certainly not enough for a 1500 watt amp

I could be wrong but IMO sealed would be preferable to that Foxknocks (at 45hz).

Foxbox on 1500 watts?.. id go sealed first. I'm not sure where you'll be tuned once the displacements in the Foxbox are accounted for and the last underseat Foxbox I saw had pitiful port area... certainly not enough for a 1500 watt ampI could be wrong but IMO sealed would be preferable to that Foxknocks (at 45hz).
I disagree. I run two in my work trucks. They perform excellent. One has 1200 watts to it (NVX 1200.1) and the other has 500 watts to it. Both are excellent.
Worst part is the port points towards the cab vent. Bzzzzzz.....

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Also, the Foxbox is 1.55cuft per sub. Tuned at 35hz.
is it 1.55ft3 net ad?.. I suppose I could be wrong but the volumes and tunings given are before displacement unless I'm mistaken

is it 1.55ft3 net ad?.. I suppose I could be wrong but the volumes and tunings given are before displacement unless I'm mistaken
Before displacement. The problem he will run into is finding subs that fit. SA's fit but anything with a large magnet or designed deep will not fit.
But that is always the case for underseat applications. Especially those using the storage compartments as the main area to get air volume.

The only downside I have for mine are the loss of the cup holder area. Not that I need the holders but that it looks...weird without the cutouts matching.

Could you link the box you've got thats 1.55ft3 per?.. Im curious if you'd measure the port area and length for me... I'd like to check tuning ad if It's not too much trouble, what sub are you using btw?

Could you link the box you've got thats 1.55ft3 per?.. Im curious if you'd measure the port area and length for me... I'd like to check tuning ad if It's not too much trouble, what sub are you using btw?
Yeah, not measuring ports as I would have to remove the subs to do so.
One has JBL gt-10's on 500 watts. It is the original box for 10's which was 1.15 cu ft (I believe, it's been a while) per sub.

The other has SA-12's now. It has had others.

The 12 and 10 box is the same now, just use adapters for tens. Haven't used the new version.
22cbf09dc5eb698fc4c93c1e2b682fad.jpg

Bringing back an old thread...I am currently running a Fox Box with 2 - SA10's on a T1500.1 @ 2ohms and it knocks. I did a lot research before I bought the subs and the general opinion was that for this box the 10" subs with large magnets work better and sound better in the dual 12 box due to the displacement. I like how mine sounds but would be curious how it would sound compared to a custom made sealed enclosure built to spec.  Anyone run the dimensions and figure the tune out to see if its was Fox says it is?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.