Looking for amp recommendations

If your using a factory deck to factory door speakers they will be fine. Just don’t crank the bass on the deck.
u saying factory hu don't play very low? or factory speakers play lower than most aftermarket mid range or both? (i think i answered my own q but good for op to know anyway)

u saying factory hu don't play very low? or factory speakers play lower than most aftermarket mid range or both? (i think i answered my own q but good for op to know anyway)
What I am saying is factory speakers are able to take low frequencies from the HU in stride and not have a problem. Assuming the user doesn't crank the deck to where its distorted thru the entire signal band. Car manufacturers (And since I work in this industry from a fairly high level I do have insight into this) design every item to handle certain loads in order to avoid warranty costs. I.E If your door speakers couldn't handle the frequencies the deck put out, we as Auto manufacturers would be warrantying them left and right and we don't like warranty costs. Also sometimes the automaker will install a passive crossover into the speaker itself. For example my Toyota pickup came with factory 3.5" Dash Speakers, 6x8 Door speakers in the front and 6.5 Door Speakers in the rear. The front speakers were actually wired into a small crossover on the 3.5 speaker that cut the bass to 3.5 full range, and cut the highs to 6x8.

So again, the OP should have little concern as to having a HPF to the factory speakers off the factory deck. He may not like the intermingling of sound from the subs to door speakers, but the speakers themselves will be just fine.

Good news is looks like I'm getting just under $1900 back for taxes this year so car audio upgrade it is. Think I'll order the Wolfram amp tonight since I got plenty in my savings account.

Good news is looks like I'm getting just under $1900 back for taxes this year so car audio upgrade it is. Think I'll order the Wolfram amp tonight since I got plenty in my savings account.
thats the amp i was gonna go with, if i decide to put a sub in my G8 GT after my tax return comes.

Thanks for the order! We’ll get it tested for you tomorrow & shipped first thing on Monday!
Keep an eye out for tracking info tomorrow night!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sounds good

You get it hooked up yet with the subs?
Oh no, I haven't even ordered the subs yet. I'm waiting on my taxes to come back. And I'm unsure on what I'm getting for a box yet, was going to get a fox box, yes I know they are hated on here but I don't have many choices. Then I saw that cherryman made a box back in 2014 so I contacted him but haven't heard back yet. Cherryman box would be sealed and the fox box is ported with about 1cf of air space tuned to 35hz.

Yeah there's no way in hell im gonna try to make a box for this truck. Under the seats are 2 storage areas, one on each side. Way beyond what I can do.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.