sony XM 1000 you will never see another one again

Sonys XM line were some best I ever used back in the early 90s for front stage.Really great amps.Die Hards,as most old school amps are.Very Nice..I could have sworn I saw one in a local Pawn for $65 bucks,and passed on it.

Sonys XM line were some best I ever used back in the early 90s for front stage.Really great amps.Die Hards,as most old school amps are.Very Nice..I could have sworn I saw one in a local Pawn for $65 bucks,and passed on it.
You need to go get it lol this thing sounds greattt

hello!

i just registered to post a reply to this topic, so hello everyone //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

a friend of my dad was about to scrap his old Porsche 928 yesterday, and i asked him if i could take anything from it before they take the car away. he let me so i started digging. i took out the 2 seats which were in perfect condition, and found this beauty of an amp. it's in perfect condition, except for some minor rust signs on the bottom cover. i don't know if it works or not, will check tomorrow. the question is: i drive a 2001 mx-5, with a Focal speaker set installed. if the amp works, should i bother installing it, or will i not hear a significant change to the sound quality?

thanks in advance!

Chris.

hello!i just registered to post a reply to this topic, so hello everyone //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

a friend of my dad was about to scrap his old Porsche 928 yesterday, and i asked him if i could take anything from it before they take the car away. he let me so i started digging. i took out the 2 seats which were in perfect condition, and found this beauty of an amp. it's in perfect condition, except for some minor rust signs on the bottom cover. i don't know if it works or not, will check tomorrow. the question is: i drive a 2001 mx-5, with a Focal speaker set installed. if the amp works, should i bother installing it, or will i not hear a significant change to the sound quality?

thanks in advance!

Chris.
Hi Chris...If the amp works ...you won't be disappointed ...It should make those Focals come alive ...

The same guy feed my tweeters in 3-way conf. In terms of SQ I've never heard anything even close to this not only in car audio and despite the model is 32 years old. IDK if nor what other models they've produced at that time but for me this is the absolute masterpiece. Unless it dies I will never replace it, ever!
  image.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.