Looking for amp for SA-18

Based

CarAudio.com Elite
Louisiana
I am going pick up an SA-18 in a couple weeks. I have a pioneer 1200 watt amp right now and it's great, but it DOESNT HAVE A SUBSONIC FILTER. Idk why... It's stupid.

So I need an amp that'll do like 1000@2 ohms. The SA-18 is rated 600rms but I just want headroom. I will be wiring it to 1 ohm but I know it'll rise to at least 2 ohm.

Right now my eye is on either a zapco 1350 or a skar rp2000. I don't want to spend over $300.

And it needs to have a SSF.

Think about the CAB 1600.1... $200 delivered... will probably not be a popular choice but mine have exceeded all expectations and when I ran one it never gave up the ghost even though I loaded it @ .67 ohm... I believe it will put out over 1000 watts and has a variable subsonic filter to boot... If you wanna add another sub you can load THIS amp heavily it loves low impedance... Just be prepared to upgrade your Alt/charging system if you do! For $200 bucks you can't beat it!

Check out this video...

Good luck!

I am going pick up an SA-18 in a couple weeks. I have a pioneer 1200 watt amp right now and it's great, but it DOESNT HAVE A SUBSONIC FILTER. Idk why... It's stupid.
So I need an amp that'll do like 1000@2 ohms. The SA-18 is rated 600rms but I just want headroom. I will be wiring it to 1 ohm but I know it'll rise to at least 2 ohm.

Right now my eye is on either a zapco 1350 or a skar rp2000. I don't want to spend over $300.

And it needs to have a SSF.
again bud an SA 18 is a horrible idea for your fiesta unless you plan on losing the rear seats.

Was just wondering the same thing Jeff.

Based, have you not learned anything from us?? I mean as I said before in your situation, your better off with 2 12's. Others have mentioned the same,. But just seems your doing whatever you want ignoring our suggestions. Hey your $$ tho. Next time you create another thread about something your having problems with, the 1st thing that comes to mind is told ya so. And prob get ignored.

again bud an SA 18 is a horrible idea for your fiesta unless you plan on losing the rear seats.
Why do you say that? My max dimensions (or close to it) is 22H * 14D * 32.5W. That's outside dimensions. With .75 MDF that's 4.59 cubes before port, sub, and bracing. I can possibly make it an inch wider too. That's just some rough measurements I took for the width and height. Sundown suggests 4 cubes for a ported box for an sa-18.

It might work it might not. I just want to see.

Why do you say that? My max dimensions (or close to it) is 22H * 14D * 32.5W. That's outside dimensions. With .75 MDF that's 4.59 cubes before port, sub, and bracing. I can possibly make it an inch wider too. That's just some rough measurements I took for the width and height. Sundown suggests 4 cubes for a ported box for an sa-18.
It might work it might not. I just want to see.
18s need 5 to 6 cubes after port displacement minimum. 4.58 before displacement is for a single 15. IDK where the hell you thought that 4 cubes net would be acceptable for an 18. Thats basically where you'll land at.

Your gonna shove a 4 cubed enclosure that's supposed to be 5-6 cubes in an area. That sub is gonna choke. And before you say it, do not decrease the volume on that sub because it won't sound good just so you can make it fit.

So how come when the owner of the 18 emailed Bryan at Sundown he said 4 cubes? And on Woofersetc it says 4 cubes too
Its to get more people to buy them because most people dont have 6 cubes for a box. Yes it will work in 4 cubes but 6 would be much better. Its better to have an optional 15 than an underperforming 18

Its to get more people to buy them because most people dont have 6 cubes for a box. Yes it will work in 4 cubes but 6 would be much better. Its better to have an optional 15 than an underperforming 18
Ah I see what you're saying. Ok I will tell the guy I don't want it anymore.

If you could get 4 cubes after port sub and bracing then a 15 would be a great option. If your down to 3-3.5 then a pair of nice 10's would sound excellent in that space. I personally recommend the XFL's and Soundqubed is another great choice.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.