Looking for advice between Pioneer PRS D800 and Kenwood KAC M1814 for new install

Participant count
  • Participant list

rsbilly

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi all, first post here :)

I have a pair of JBL stage 2 604C 6.5" component speakers (4ohm) with external crossovers to install in my saab front doors. Currently the system is just the stock HU, stock rear door speakers and some alpine 3.5s in the dash.

Anyone have any experience with the Pioneer PRS D800 and/or Kenwood KAC M1814? Undecided what would be the best fit for my setup, for both sound quality and ease of install. Also not sure whether to A) wire the current dash speakers to said amp aswell or B) scrap them as I will have new tweeters anyway.

An alternative option would be the Pioneer GM D8704... its a bit more awkward to install as the other two mentioned would fit under the glovebox, this ones a little bigger - and I get the feeling although still a good amp the build quality is lacking compared to the PRS D800

Its worth mentioning that I am also considering its use-fullness for the future, after the life of this car this amp may be used in another car setup or maybe at home.

Thanks in advance for any replies!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...