Looking for a tweeter to play at 2kHz with high eff...please advise

Participant count
  • Participant list

maxmil982

I'm building a 2way front stage and am looking for a tweeter that can play down to 2kHz and has an Fs @ or <1k, that also has high sensitivity ( >92db 1w/1m). Any suggestions will help a lot. Horn or large format tweeters welcome, but I'd like to stay at 2" max if possible.

Also the amp it's going to does 145rms @ 4ohm

And 225rms @ 2ohm

Thanks in advance

What you're asking is not feasible if you have any interest in playing the system hard. Tweeters of that size are readily available with an Fs well below 1 kHz, but a High Pass Filter of roughly 2.5 kHz with a steep slope is wise to lower distortion and prevent mechanical damage.

What you're asking is not feasible if you have any interest in playing the system hard. Tweeters of that size are readily available with an Fs well below 1 kHz, but a High Pass Filter of roughly 2.5 kHz with a steep slope is wise to lower distortion and prevent mechanical damage.

Is there a larger and/or compression tweet that you know of that will be more suited to play down to 2k at high volume?

I ask because my build is somewhat unconventional, it seems, and the mids I have will require a tweet that will be crossed at 2k...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.