Need recommendation for a Amp for mids

Participant count
  • Participant list

Pono76

I was planning on running 8 4ohm 8” mids on a taramps 2000x4 and each mid is 150w rms only problem can’t find the amp anywhere, could I run 8 mids on a taramps 3000.1? If not could someone steer me into a better direction on what amp would be best

I was planning on running 8 4ohm 8” mids on a taramps 2000x4 and each mid is 150w rms only problem can’t find the amp anywhere, could I run 8 mids on a taramps 3000.1? If not could someone steer me into a better direction on what amp would be best
You going to be running 8 -8"mids in one door or 4 in ea. door or all in a single chamber/ enclosure or?

This amp should work if running 4 mids per door. Use Y-Splitters for Ch. 1&2 for Right door and Ch. 3&4 for Left door
Wire speakers to each Ch as followed to a 2 ohm load
Tune and should be good

This amp should work if running 4 mids per door. Use Y-Splitters for Ch. 1&2 for Right door and Ch. 3&4 for Left door
Wire speakers to each Ch as followed to a 2 ohm load
Tune and should be good

thank you I was thinking about running that amp only problem is the 1200x4 doesn’t have HPF knob to control the Hz to tune out more bass from the mids... any other options you would prefer and yes it’s 4 mids per door

thank you I was thinking about running that amp only problem is the 1200x4 doesn’t have HPF knob to control the Hz to tune out more bass from the mids... any other options you would prefer and yes it’s 4 mids per door
Does your headunit have that capability.
A high powered amp like that with band pass capability is going to cost you a grip. May want to consider a dsp like the Dayton.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.