Looking for a new head unit.

KingTone
10+ year member

Hola,

My Kenwood KDC-5019 just went out on me, and I'm in the market for a new head unit. I don't really want to spend over 300$, and I'm looking for a few features.

I'd like for the CD-Player to play MP3 cd's, I'd like an at least 3-band equalizer, and if possible, I would like for it to be as iPod compatible as possible.

Also, I have a kenwood amp and kenwood sub, as well -- is it a good idea to keep with kenwood for the deck as well, or would that matter at all?

I was looking at the JVC KDG510 -- I like the aux output on the front for my iPod. Would that be compatible with what I'm running right now (similar to the KDC-5019)? Is it a decent deck? Is there a better solution for iPod compatibility?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

I haven't had the best luck with used decks. I'm looking to probably go with a new one so I can get the extended warranty. Keep it up with the suggestions.

alright.. bump. I'm probably gonna try and buy one tomorrow, so I'd really appreciate it if you guys could hook it up with some suggestions by then. thanks, yo.

i have a planet audio in my car for about a year now with no problames.

only has a 2 eq settings bass and treble. has a preset 5 band eq.

they start at about $179 retail on the 2485 with mp3 and the top of the line is $299 for the 4895. all har a aux input rca ins.

might not be what you are looking for but thought i would put it out there for you.

word.. let me know how it pans out.. otherwise, keep it up with the suggestions. anybody have any experience with the kenwood/alpine ipod connectors?

Well I have never been a big fan of jvc decks or well anything jvc has to offer. I have seen my fair share of jvc products not last long. So if you do get it then buy the extra warranty if you can. Why dont you look into a panasonic deck. They have one that is 4 volts on onlinestereo.com for I think If I remember correctly for 230. It has all you are looking for. I am thinking of getting one myself. Good luck on your choice. Peace!

Well I have never been a big fan of jvc decks or well anything jvc has to offer. I have seen my fair share of jvc products not last long. So if you do get it then buy the extra warranty if you can. Why dont you look into a panasonic deck. They have one that is 4 volts on onlinestereo.com for I think If I remember correctly for 230. It has all you are looking for. I am thinking of getting one myself. Good luck on your choice. Peace!

Are you kidding me? We've been selling JVC HUs for 3 years now, and have had 3 come back. That's a hell of a return rate, when we were seeing pioneers and kenwoods coming back 1/10 sold.

pioneers have a really nice iPod interface....the 8600/860 is right about the top of your price range.....i'm not sure what other units are compatible with the cd-ib100(ipod interface)

so I think I'm looking at the kenwood decks with the ipod interface now... they seem to be the cheapest quality option.

The Kenwood KDC-MP5028 is pretty cheap on pricewatch.com, and they offer a three-year warranty. anybody have any experience with this deck?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.