Looking for a link showing the area of a circle/ round port .Please

You mean he's wrong?! Lmao....giving bad info again....just wait until the other smarter guys show up and see this.
The difference in the end result if the area of an 8"id port is used would be only 25in2 vs 50in2...

I'm sure he knew the difference, just got carried away answering this query... wow... Op... thats what google is for.

ShredderPlease dont Flame me too.I do not know that math--it's Pi x radius squared--When I google my question I get stuff like that which is over my head lol

Yocom
Radius is 1/2 the diameter.... or 4" on an 8"id port... so, 4x4=16. Then 16x 3.14=the area of an 8" id port or circle... Ez peasy

Can I nicely ask why the flames?Yocom
Not trying to be mean and drop flames, but the formula for the area of a circle is taught either in middle or elementary school. That's probably why most people think it's a ridiculous question. But if you don't know, you don't know. There is no stupid question.

Hispls read above I explained why I did not understand what my google search showed me.You did not read all of this to see that.

And I did have to look up cretins lol

Yocom

squared means you multiply the number with itself (4 squared = 4 x 4), cubed is multiplying three same numbers (3 x 3 x 3 = 3 cubed)

radius squared is simply radius x radius

the formula is radius x radius x pi for area of a circle, multiply area with length to determine the volume of a tube.

Hispls read above I explained why I did not understand what my google search showed me.You did not read all of this to see that.And I did have to look up cretins lol

Yocom
https://www.calculateme.com/cArea/AreaOfCircle.htm

Literally the first hit when you type in "area of an 8 inch circle" in addition to an actual chart which simply shows you. If you can't make sense of this I'd be shocked if you could even recognize your own reflection in the mirror and you probably have no business handling power tools to cut said hole.

Ouch/burn....
Man you've been on a rampage lately
I know it seems that way but I think it's just because I'm not posting as often as I used to, but when I do it's frequently for this type of thing. I'm never very serious about what I'm saying as long as there are curse words mixed in, it's just my dry Navy humor not coming across properly in text. I just like to make smart comments once in a while. So now I'm heavy on trolling posts and should probably rethink that a bit, BUT...
vvv This is literally what I was thinking as I read the first couple of posts so I'm not alone on this one. vvv I have nothing against the guy, I'm sure he's a good dude. I just fear for his safety.

https://www.calculateme.com/cArea/AreaOfCircle.htm
Literally the first hit when you type in "area of an 8 inch circle" in addition to an actual chart which simply shows you. If you can't make sense of this I'd be shocked if you could even recognize your own reflection in the mirror and you probably have no business handling power tools to cut said hole.

OK OK i should have not TYPED im too lazy.Sometimes things in type comes off different then if asked in person.And I do not understand that math in your pic above.But i can multiply 3.14.I have googled on how to figure out round circle area and never seen Gramps simple awnser.Ciaonzo Thank you for sharing what you know on here.I really like you on Tc Sounds info.Yocom
You're a good dude, I can tell. Thanks for not getting worked up while we razzed you about being lazy. A lot of us just do that to make other members laugh, kinda like guys hanging out in the garage and picking on each other but they're friends at the end of the day. At least that's where I'm coming from.

Hispls read above I explained why I did not understand what my google search showed me.You did not read all of this to see that.And I did have to look up cretins lol

Yocom
just call him a troglodyte //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.