Looking for a link showing the area of a circle/ round port .Please

Shredd

I have the enclosure mostly drawn up 12 inch sundown in a 2.5 cubed 70 degree wedge in a small hatch back."6"x14.6 tuned to 40hz---Dont need to be low for the person.

Ive built more than a few boxes but only with square/rectangle ports.

Yocom

The port area depends on driver/excursion/power levels to do it correctly... I'd model it up in Winisd at a specific volume/tune with a certain power level to determine port area minimum... at around 130fps compression will start to choke output. I could help but it's 1:15am mst here and I'm crashing atm... maybe tomorrow I can help more. Lotsa people on this forum can. Just list sub/amp/load and approximate net volume and someone might check port velocity for ya'

Jeez I'm rambling... tomorrow sir

A 6" round sounds like its probably gonna be fine even with some power... but maybe someone will check if its gonna be enough.

I have two v3 sundown proto E series from the yard sale subs to pick from.One d2 and a d4.Im going to use the d4 parallel for a 2ohm load with a Fsd 700d to lower the power output.Box is 2.5 internal.This system will never play bass heavy music or be played loudly.

Yocom

sealed enclosures ftw! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.