Looking for a good Double Din?

K, I've read a lot of this thread, but still have a couple questions. The comments on interface, and bypassing.....I don't have any stores near me with these units in stock to play with. So, I don't know what bypassing is referring to, and I haven't had time to play with the interface of each one to see what I like, myself.

As for the output voltage....I am old school. I don't listen to just rap. So, loud is not as much a priority, as SQ. You are correct that output voltage doesn't increase sound quaility...in, and of itself. HOWEVER...2V outputs are derived from the car's 12v supply, which itself varies with the alt/battery/load. 4V,5V,8V outputs, use switching power supplies. These switching power supplies use a constant rail voltage to derive the higher output voltages. In short, they have clean output up to the rated voltage. 2V units will ALLclip the output signal near full volume. Don't know about the rest of you, but I could do without unnecessary clipping induced into an otherwise "clean" system. Second, the larger the "clean" signal voltage to the amp (or other downstream component), the less noise you will pick up at the downstream gains. Doesn't matter if I can "match" the gains to the incoming signal. Your preAMP stage AMPLIFIES the incoming signal, and any noise that came along for the ride.

Small amount? Maybe. But, all vehicles are different. What might be nothing for one vehicle, might be intolerable on another. If nothing else, I'll just take the 4V output for the lack of clipped signal at full volume.

Hey, sorry for the late reply, didn't see this originally.

According to http://www.alpine-usa.com/US-en/products/product_acc.php?model=PXA-H100 the Imprint processor "switches the HU front and rear 2V pre-outs to three 4V pre-outs."

jds

haha sunrise nice im in jupiter. theres a bunch of ppl from florida on here. but really thats great i was thinking of getting the imprint. but are u sure of that? if not how would i be able to find out? cause if it is then im definately getting the w505 again

hey guys so i just purchased the alpine iva-w505 headunit and installed it myself but ive noticed a few problems and was wondering if anyone could help me fix them or atleast direct me in the right direction. so 1. i cant view any dvds it plays them as a track like i can hear the dvd playing but i cant see it it just reads it as a track (it does this for dvd's and off of ipod) 2. there is no general setup option, only audio setup so i cant change the time or anything. 3. the headunit fits slush and perfect in my dash but when i try to open it, it gets caught on the bracket. can any1 help me with these problems??? thank you

hey guys so i just purchased the alpine iva-w505 headunit and installed it myself but ive noticed a few problems and was wondering if anyone could help me fix them or atleast direct me in the right direction. so 1. i cant view any dvds it plays them as a track like i can hear the dvd playing but i cant see it it just reads it as a track (it does this for dvd's and off of ipod) 2. there is no general setup option, only audio setup so i cant change the time or anything. 3. the headunit fits slush and perfect in my dash but when i try to open it, it gets caught on the bracket. can any1 help me with these problems??? thank you
You need to read your manual. It will explain the proper steps to see video and access your setup menus. It's a pain in the butt and is designed to keep you from being distracted while driving.

Just install the PAC-TR7 bypass module and you won't have to mess with any of that.

As for it catching on the bracket, that's an installation problem. Take it back to whomever installed it. If you did it yourself, find out where it's catching and fix it. If you can't, then take it somewhere and have them install it properly.

ya i fixed the catching problem so now it opens and closes without a problem,

but thats the thing i have the TR7 bypass module hooked up. the headunit plays the dvd but i cant see it... like it doesnt bring up the visual instead it plays it like its a cd! and it plays it like a track in park and also while im driving so i can hear it but i cant see the dvd! anyone know how to fix that?

and also im almost 100% positive i wired everything correctly i followed the wiring diagram but i dont have a general setup option! and cant change the time or anything. thanks for the help guys

ya i fixed the catching problem so now it opens and closes without a problem, but thats the thing i have the TR7 bypass module hooked up. the headunit plays the dvd but i cant see it... like it doesnt bring up the visual instead it plays it like its a cd! and it plays it like a track in park and also while im driving so i can hear it but i cant see the dvd! anyone know how to fix that?

and also im almost 100% positive i wired everything correctly i followed the wiring diagram but i dont have a general setup option! and cant change the time or anything. thanks for the help guys
It sounds like your TR7 is not wired correctly. Triple check it. if it's still not working, you may have a bad TR7.

You have to do more than just park the truck to get the video to work (without a properly installed bypass). You have to do some stupid sequence with the brake pedal and e-brake. Even then, if you wired the bypass you wouldn't have wired up the factory brake wires, so parking or even doing that sequence isn't going to make any difference.

I'm 99.9% sure the problem is with your TR7, and most likely it's not wired correctly.

yeah i called alpine yesterday and the guy said that was most likely the problem. but im almost 100 % sure that i wired it right. but the tr7 directions confused me on one part, at one point it says that for the video bypass you need to program the TR7 but then later it says that the TR7 is preprogrammed for this feature and that u dont need to program it. so i didnt program it i just wired it and installed... should i have programmed the tr7 for this feature? and if not the only other thing i think it could be is the tr7 directions said to wire the green wire to the headunits "remote wire" but the w505 has a remote out, a remote in, and a remote turn on (for the amp) but i ruled that out cause it didnt make any sense. so should i of wired it to the remote out or the remote in?

yeah i called alpine yesterday and the guy said that was most likely the problem. but im almost 100 % sure that i wired it right. but the tr7 directions confused me on one part, at one point it says that for the video bypass you need to program the TR7 but then later it says that the TR7 is preprogrammed for this feature and that u dont need to program it. so i didnt program it i just wired it and installed... should i have programmed the tr7 for this feature? and if not the only other thing i think it could be is the tr7 directions said to wire the green wire to the headunits "remote wire" but the w505 has a remote out, a remote in, and a remote turn on (for the amp) but i ruled that out cause it didnt make any sense. so should i of wired it to the remote out or the remote in?
No programming is necessary, and leave the switch in the "off" position.

Red from TR7 goes to switched power (test this from your factory lead to make sure you have at least 12v when the key is in the ACC position). Don't make the mistake of just hooking the red lead from the TR7 to the 505 and not tying in the actual switched lead from the vehicle.

Black from TR7 goes to ground.

Green from TR7 goes to the amp turn on lead from the 505 (blue and white).

Blue from TR7 goes to footbrake wire from 505 (yellow and black).

White from TR7 goes to parking brake wire (yellow and blue).

ya i wired the green from the TR7 to the remote in, so is that why its not working? but i also have a much bigger problem now, yesterday i was messing with the TR7 and managed to get to it without taking out the headunit but i turned it to on and left it there cause my dad thought that would be ok. and everything was fine while i was driving around today but i parked my truck for about an hour and when i went back in and turned on my car none of the lights in my truck worked!!! i cant run my headlights on always mode only on constant, my gauges dont work, or courtesy lights on the ceiling. but get this when i turn on the left courtesy light(drivers side) it turns on my power windows and headunit! and if i turn the switch off it turns them off as well!!! is this because i left the TR7 on? i turned it off and havent driven it again yet but while in park it still had the same problems. does anyone know what caused this or how to fix it? and o ya i also have no blown fuses.

thank you

ya i wired the green from the TR7 to the remote in, so is that why its not working? but i also have a much bigger problem now, yesterday i was messing with the TR7 and managed to get to it without taking out the headunit but i turned it to on and left it there cause my dad thought that would be ok. and everything was fine while i was driving around today but i parked my truck for about an hour and when i went back in and turned on my car none of the lights in my truck worked!!! i cant run my headlights on always mode only on constant, my gauges dont work, or courtesy lights on the ceiling. but get this when i turn on the left courtesy light(drivers side) it turns on my power windows and headunit! and if i turn the switch off it turns them off as well!!! is this because i left the TR7 on? i turned it off and havent driven it again yet but while in park it still had the same problems. does anyone know what caused this or how to fix it? and o ya i also have no blown fuses.thank you
LOL! Wow dude. Sorry for laughing but that's crazy. You've got your stuff all jacked up.

You don't want your TR7 wired to the remote in. That shouldn't be causing your problems, but it's not going to work properly.

You need to wire the green wire from the TR7 to the remote/amp turn-on lead from the 505. That wire is blue and white.

The TR7 needs to be in the "off" position. Having it "on" shouldn't be causing those freakish problems, but still...

You may have problems with it now from hooking it up wrong and messing with the switch. It comes programmed out of the box to work with the Alpine units, but you may have reprogrammed it or caused it to lose that programming. Try hooking it up correctly and keeping the switch off and see if that works. If not, you may have to manually program it for the Alpine deck by following the instructions that came with the TR7.

We know that you hooked up some wires incorrectly, and it sounds like youy may have messed up other wiring in your vehicle. Vehicle wiring is not one of those things you want to screw up. Either you know what you're doing and can follow directions carefully, or you should leave it to the pros. You can wire up the wrong stuff and literally kill your vehicle's entire electrical system or even burn your car to the ground.

Good luck. I'm trying to be helpful, not mean, but you seriously should consider either taking it to a reputable shop or having someone with more experience actually there help you/show you/do it for you.

yeah i mean i hooked up everything right except the green wire on the TR7 i just wired it to the remote in instead of the remote turn on, but that didnt cause the problems, the problems started after i turned the switch to the relay on and left it on while i drove around. i think that everytime i would start the car the relay was taking it as a step to program it, and after i turned it on so many times it programmed the TR7 to do all the tricky **** it is doing now, so today i just took out the TR7 and put my headunit back in but the problems are still there. so what ever the TR7 did it like told my computer in my truck that those particular switches (such as the courtesy lights etc.) turn on certain items. i plan on taking my truck to ford but putting in my factory radio and just playing dumb. but i was wondering if ford just has some system or software they could plug into my computer or w/e and reset the factory settings cause everything works (except the gauges) its just different switches are turning them on. or is the problem much more severe than that?

yeah i mean i hooked up everything right except the green wire on the TR7 i just wired it to the remote in instead of the remote turn on, but that didnt cause the problems, the problems started after i turned the switch to the relay on and left it on while i drove around. i think that everytime i would start the car the relay was taking it as a step to program it, and after i turned it on so many times it programmed the TR7 to do all the tricky **** it is doing now, so today i just took out the TR7 and put my headunit back in but the problems are still there. so what ever the TR7 did it like told my computer in my truck that those particular switches (such as the courtesy lights etc.) turn on certain items. i plan on taking my truck to ford but putting in my factory radio and just playing dumb. but i was wondering if ford just has some system or software they could plug into my computer or w/e and reset the factory settings cause everything works (except the gauges) its just different switches are turning them on. or is the problem much more severe than that?
I don't think the TR7 itself caused those issues you're describing. And taking it out shouldn't result in the issues still being there (if it caused them). Sounds like you've got more going on.

Good luck!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.