Looking for a DVD indash with...

Beermakesmehoppy
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Hello everyone. I am looking for a DVD in-dash with QUALITY, dual zone video, backup camera input, 5.1 and unlike Jensen have a separate module that everything hooks up to instead of right behind the deck! . Price is not an option. Can I please have advice? thanks

Hello everyone. I am looking for a DVD in-dash with QUALITY, dual zone video, and backup camera input. Price is not an option. Can I please have advice? thanks
Check out the Clarion pieces, I'm using the VRX755 and it's great! There are several other models out there I'm sure that offer good features as well....Try looking into the Clarion VRX775 unit......//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif :D //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

400 shipped.

450 shipped WITH a 8 disc cd changer that operates through the HU..

Panasonic CQ-DV6503 (i think. gotta look).. came outta my totalled Montero and WONT fit in the new land rover.

works fine, has dual zone, has the camera imput and sense wire (was GREAT for tight parking).. comes with remote, has had screen protector on since day 1, touch screen is flawless, plays dvds, mp3, cds, everytrhing in the unit. has the port to add on the Navi..

n5035184_33262408_2244.jpg

n5035184_33262407_2001.jpg

Thanks for the replies. I was looking at decks and narrowed it down to these(unless you have better suggestions): Kenwood, Pioneer and Eclipse. Which one is gonna be the all around better value? I am looking for an in-dash DVD player with 7" screen. Has to have dual zone video out, backup camera input, 5.1 surround and if so an iPod connection.

If you want actual 5.1 your options are limited. All of these do everything else you want. Here is run down of what I found. If I am wrong someone can correct me.

Clarion

VRX775VD

MAV675VDII

Both require the 5.1 add-on processing unit for true 5.1-DVH940N

Pioneer

AVH-P7800DVD is the only one I looked at that had the multi-channel processor built-in but it is expensive retail:$2,200

AVH-P5900DVD

For 5.1 have to add-on the DEQ-P8000 processor/amp

Alpine

IVA-D310

W205/W200

To get to 5.1 you have to add one of these-H701 processor or their Theater Digital Amps MRA-D550 or MRAF350

Eclipse

AVN7000

AVX5000

Both require the add-on 5.1 processor the DCU-105

Kenwood have no clue but I am sure they have something got tired of searching

Eclipse for you...
ps eclipse or alpine everything else is pure dog ****.
the ipod control on the DNX7100 outperforms the Pioneer units any day of the week. Alpine...well GL trying to find a blackbird for it.

i will sell you my Kenwood DDX-6019 i have in my closet for $700+shipping

Alpine...well GL trying to find a blackbird for it.

The old ones are still available some places if he absolutely has to have one now. The new ones are coming, you just have to be patient (especially with Alpine).

The old ones are still available some places if he absolutely has to have one now. The new ones are coming, you just have to be patient (especially with Alpine).
yeah now try finding a dock for the old unit to mate with the old blackbird. if its not one thing its another.

the kenwood 6019 you can actually control the volume for BOTH zones if i am reading this right.also if you want 5.1 go with the pioneer 7500 it comes with it as well as a tv tuner.but honestly in a vehicle i think regular stereo sounds good if you have upgraded your speakers and amplified which you would have to do anyway to add the 5th channel.i have a 6019 with nav. for sale PM if interested.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.