Looking for a 4-post round terminal cup for a sealed box

Participant count
  • Participant list

neo_styles
10+ year member

AKA Pop Twidget
WA
Hope I can get an answer here...

I recently picked up an ID10 d4 in a sealed enclosure and am about to snatch up a Rockford RF8004 (replacement for a DOA traded MB Quart 1200.1d). Since the Rockford's not stable bridged at 2 ohms, I wanted to see if I could wire each voice coil separately. End result would be running each voice coil on a bridged channel for the RF8004.

Problem is, I've been looking around for a terminal cup that was both round and contained 4 posts and haven't been so lucky. Does anyone know of a source or possible solution? The box already had a round cutout and a 2-terminal post installed.

I'd love to. Problem is the cup was already cut. Are you saying use bolts and completely bypass the pre-installed cup?

I'd love to. Problem is the cup was already cut. Are you saying use bolts and completely bypass the pre-installed cup?
Id contact SAS Bazooka Monday,They have dual post on all theyre DVC tubes/use to have the round ones,i can look to see if i still have any in the attic tomorrow on some older tubes.Can always make a plate out of 3/4 mdf, and use/drill 4 terminals in that and seal around it with silicone,or cut you a square outlet and use this here

Bi-Wire Speaker Terminal Cup. Gold 5-Way Binding Post. | eBay

I saw a similar item on PE and it looks like the one double07 recommended as well. I've decided just to keep the current cup since I didn't realize how much of a PITA it would be to deal with each VC on different channels.

---------- Post added at 04:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:23 PM ----------

and that's regarding power management, not fabrication

I saw a similar item on PE and it looks like the one double07 recommended as well. I've decided just to keep the current cup since I didn't realize how much of a PITA it would be to deal with each VC on different channels. 

---------- Post added at 04:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:23 PM ----------

and that's regarding power management, not fabrication
Do you know what the diameter of the outlet is?

3" round

---------- Post added at 04:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:31 PM ----------

Yup, checked PE. Looks like it's prob not the best idea to be adding connections, though. Just read a few threads about people jacking up their subs due to load mismatch between VCs

I'd definitely appreciate it, audio. PM me when you take a look at what you have.

Also I put up another thread proposing an alternative. I'd love to see what you guys have to recommend.

I'd definitely appreciate it, audio. PM me when you take a look at what you have.
Also I put up another thread proposing an alternative. I'd love to see what you guys have to recommend.
Will do ,im not home atm,and ill have to pull my truck out to get up there..lol/deff be in morn though..im almost certain I have 2 sitting up there/2.50-3.0 in dia

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.