Port help

What are the final goals? ie: Net volume and tuning?
Tuned to 32 hz:

4ihtmx.png

90nn6t.png

as you can see the aeroport diameter is 6", but i couldn't find PVC in that size so i bought two 3" PVC pipes... how do i have to cut these to keep my 32hz tuning?

Looks like its a 6in port but pipe thickness is 1/4in 6 1/2 outer diameter you can use a thinner wall pipe if you can find one

Looks like its a 6in port but pipe thickness is 1/4in 6 1/2 outer diameter you can use a thinner wall pipe if you can find one
i bought two 3" PVC pipes... with the 6" port it had to be 13" in depth to reach 32hz... do i have to cut both 3" PVC's to 13" to reach this same tuning? or should they be longer/shorter?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

I'd have the internal port end 7" away from the back wall and just roundover that corner. That back (rounded) wall should effectively extend the...
None so far, there was a factory 8 inch subwoofer that I took out for a pass through, I'm definitely going to have to get some sound deadening...
Yes. I do not fully understand the question, but if the manufacturer suggests such a big port, it is probably because it has a high QTS. If it...
Yeah, saw that too, was like ??? wtf! They do know there stuff, I usually just roll with it!
You could try to make the port longer, but there might be other reasons with the box won't extend lower, or even the sub. You'd have to reverse...

About this thread

BoomBoxStereo

10+ year member
@woofergram
BoomBoxStereo
Long Island, NY
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date