Looking for a 2/4 channel that does 100-150 wRMS/channel

Participant count
  • Participant list

slikrider20
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Nebraska
Currently, I have Morel Tempo 5 components with an 80PRS deck powered by a PPI i350.2. I feel like my Morel's deserve a little more quality than what my PPI is giving them.

Obviously, with this deck, I have the option to go active or just stay with my passive crossovers.

I need at least 100w/channel for these components. I'm trying to stay around $200 or so if I can. Are there any amp's you guys would recommend in that price range that would be worth upgrading to from the PPI? How much better SQ could I expect from a higher quality amp?

Currently, I think they sound pretty darn good but I feel like my amp is still limiting them a bit. Any input is appreciated. Thanks!

Currently, I have Morel Tempo 5 components with an 80PRS deck powered by a PPI i350.2. I feel like my Morel's deserve a little more quality than what my PPI is giving them.
Obviously, with this deck, I have the option to go active or just stay with my passive crossovers.

I need at least 100w/channel for these components. I'm trying to stay around $200 or so if I can. Are there any amp's you guys would recommend in that price range that would be worth upgrading to from the PPI? How much better SQ could I expect from a higher quality amp?

Currently, I think they sound pretty darn good but I feel like my amp is still limiting them a bit. Any input is appreciated. Thanks!
you can expect a marginal increase if you just keep it passive, you can expect a GIANt increase if you go active. I'd say get a soundqubed 90.4 and go active. It'll sound MILES better than your current passive setup with the ppi. Because not much else worth a **** SQ wise is around the 200 dollars mark.

That's kind of what I am thinking. If i'm going to upgrade amps I might as well go active. I need to see what all the fuss is about anyway. I suppose I could up that dollar amount to closer to $300 if it opened my options more?

That's kind of what I am thinking. If i'm going to upgrade amps I might as well go active. I need to see what all the fuss is about anyway. I suppose I could up that dollar amount to closer to $300 if it opened my options more?
can get a dc 175.4 or crescendo 1100.4 or twisted sounds 150.4 used for that price. Gotta keep a lookout on the classifieds.

I have a really clean/like bnew CrossFire TEK 100.2 with box and specs that has only been powered up for approx a week that shells out nicely.I have the other in my CRV thats on a pair of 6.5 Kappas, and a pair of CDt tweets serving justice over a pair of SQubed HDC310s in 4.0 cuFt@32 htz keeping up just fine on approx. 1750 rms

Wow, I didn't realize it was a secret. The manual doesn't say. But, Google says to use 1/2 for tweeters. Thanks for the help though!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.