looking for a 12" sub

Participant count
  • Participant list

adio
5,000+ posts

THE STEREOTYPE FIGHTER!!!
hey kids im back,

i have a crescendo audio s1500.1 ( one of like 6 ppl in america) that will power the 12. it'll go in a ported box tuned to 28hz and running at 1 ohm. i listen to rap and so-called 'RnB', i also have alota slowed and throwed/chopped songs.

for the box, i would like the dimensions to be 13.5 inches high, 13-14 inches deep and 26-30 inches long ( idk what that comes out to) but after displacement i would the sub to have 1.5 -1.7 cuft to itself. nonetheless, the smaller the box the better.

i also have a kenwood HU and i know the volume goes up to 34. i would like the sub to kick ass at 14/34 (if that could be done 17/34 would be the loudest i would listwn to it). im not interested in puttin cracks in the concrete or settin off car alarms 8 counties away.

budget wise im trying to stay under $175 ( i seen that i could get an obsidian for $172.13). im interested more so in SQ than spl, cause i like subs that play VERY nicely from 25hz-75/80hz

throw ideas at me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I got a new tantric md 12. $200 shipped
tell me about the sub. i looked for some info on it a few nights ago, but it seems to be a hush-hush product

---------- Post added at 12:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 AM ----------

I got a new tantric md 12. $200 shipped
tell me about the sub. i looked for some info on it a few nights ago, but it seems to be a hush-hush product

---------- Post added at 12:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 AM ----------

Tantric md. 12. Rated at 750 rms will take more 2.5" coil aluminum flat wound ,high roll surround. Tc basket brand new. Was mounted to see if it fit in the box only mounting to deep d2

hey kids im back,
i have a crescendo audio s1500.1 ( one of like 6 ppl in america) that will power the 12. it'll go in a ported box tuned to 28hz and running at 1 ohm. i listen to rap and so-called 'RnB', i also have alota slowed and throwed/chopped songs.

for the box, i would like the dimensions to be 13.5 inches high, 13-14 inches deep and 26-30 inches long ( idk what that comes out to) but after displacement i would the sub to have 1.5 -1.7 cuft to itself. nonetheless, the smaller the box the better.

i also have a kenwood HU and i know the volume goes up to 34. i would like the sub to kick ass at 14/34 (if that could be done 17/34 would be the loudest i would listwn to it). im not interested in puttin cracks in the concrete or settin off car alarms 8 counties away.

budget wise im trying to stay under $175 ( i seen that i could get an obsidian for $172.13). im interested more so in SQ than spl, cause i like subs that play VERY nicely from 25hz-75/80hz

throw ideas at me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
That would be around 3.0 ft3 total in overall trunk eating space. Most subs 12" and under these days start to work well in that size enclosure plus the port space needed but also imo, start to be as practical and ridiculous looking as female body builders and steroid freaks. I don't know how any guy over 30 could hang his head with some of the ridiculous enclosures I've seen.

I think the manufacturer recommendations for the smaller ported boxes are total crap. had a W6v2 that JL recommended 1.5 ft3 ported, but sounded way better sealed in that size. Went to 3 ft3 and that was where the SQ I expected started. But with the port aded to it, made the box way too big for me and over powered the fronts, it also needed some heavy EQ work to blend well so I went with the 1.5 sealed, came out perfect but obviously it's not 100% of the subs potential.

Boston g5 or spg555
are eithr 1 of these even made anymore??

---------- Post added at 10:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 PM ----------

so far.... obsidian and SQs hds are looking good.......

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.